Vanilla Chai Spice

Black Chai Blend
Black Peppercorn, Black Tea, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, Natural Flavours, Star Anise Bits
Bitter, Cinnamon, Clove, Creamy, Ginger, Orange Zest, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “*Inkling* was super sweet and added this as a bonus in our swap and though I am not a lover of chai teas, I am happy to try anything that people are kind enough to share. You never know unless you...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2068 tasting notes
  • “Fall scents--leaves and spice A dark butterscotch liquor Chased away my sleep I took advantage of the closing sale and ended up with 6 tins of Two Guy's Tea. So...I had a tasting party with my...” Read full tasting note
    MushroomBug 46 tasting notes
  • “Mmm, this is a nice chai. The dry leave is small and twisted, with lots of cloves, chunks of ginger and cinnamon, with the occasional bit of green cardamom pod visible. The dominant notes on the...” Read full tasting note
    Anlina 485 tasting notes
  • “I'm still not sure how I feel about Chai. For that reason, I am likely not an adequate person to be reviewing this tea. I had this hot a while ago and it was overbearing. I made it last night...” Read full tasting note
    KKpeltzer 126 tasting notes

From Two Guys' Tea

Rich and warming black tea is mixed with freshly hand-ground whole spices – cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and ginger. Brew strong, adding plenty of milk for a deliciously warming cup to perk up your afternoon.

www.myteaguys.com

About Two Guys' Tea View company

2068 tasting notes

Inkling was super sweet and added this as a bonus in our swap and though I am not a lover of chai teas, I am happy to try anything that people are kind enough to share. You never know unless you try, right? Right. So I brewed this up as a latte.

As I sip, I am finding the addition of vanilla pleasant but not a strong enough element to cover up the chai spices that are just not my favorite. The ginger is quite strong in this blend which I think is what is competing with the vanilla most. Also, as the sip ends, their is a spicy kick from the cloves that is interesting though I don’t know if it is a positive interesting or a negative one. On the whole, it was an alright cup but not something I will seek out again now that its done. Still, I am grateful to Inkling for the opportunity to not only try a new tea but also a new tea company. 184.

Fall scents—leaves and spice
A dark butterscotch liquor
Chased away my sleep

I took advantage of the closing sale and ended up with 6 tins of Two Guy’s Tea. So…I had a tasting party with my mother on my day off! It was the best day ever and took up way more time then we suspected it would— an average 1.25 hours per tea. xD This was our first one.

The dry tea itself was very spice-filled smelling. However, once we brewed it the suggested amount (3.5 mins), the smell was much more toned down. My mother decided that the exact color of the liquor was “caramelized sugar.” The taste was a little disappointing after how strong the dry tea had smelled, but after adding a little milk (which brought out the tea) and brown sugar (which brought out the spices) it was a fine cup. This makes sense, considering that it’s a chai and should have these things!
We steeped it again for 4.5 mins and got a stronger aroma with a spicier taste, which we both preferred.

2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Mmm, this is a nice chai.

The dry leave is small and twisted, with lots of cloves, chunks of ginger and cinnamon, with the occasional bit of green cardamom pod visible. The dominant notes on the nose are ginger, clove and vanilla.

I steeped 1.5tsp in 8oz of boiling water for 4 minutes. This yielded a really strong, bitter brew with a tart note of orange peel. Not something I would drink straight, but that’s okay, because milk and sugar were my plan anyway.

A teaspoon of sugar and a good amount of milk mellowed the bitterness very nicely, transforming this into a warm and gentle tasting chai. There’s no real kick to this – no heat or throat burn from the cinnamon or ginger, though the cinnamon flavour is definitely present. The clove and vanilla take a front seat, giving this a nice round taste and creaminess that’s separate from the added milk.

Not my favourite chai – I tend to like them bolder and spicier, with some cooling spices like fennel and coriander – but this is different from the other chais I have and it’s good.

Flavors: Bitter, Cinnamon, Clove, Creamy, Ginger, Orange Zest, Vanilla

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

I’m still not sure how I feel about Chai. For that reason, I am likely not an adequate person to be reviewing this tea. I had this hot a while ago and it was overbearing. I made it last night and let it sit in the fridge until now, which may be too long (I still don’t know what I’m doing). It definitely has that kick I’m looking for in a morning tea but I don’t think this blend lends itself well to being drank cold. This could just be me of course.