Green Tea
Floral, Green, Jasmine, Sweet, Tannin, Garden Peas, Goji, Stewed Fruits, Gardenias
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Am drinking this right now. I survived my major dental work but oweeee my mouth and tongue certainly are hurting. I love jasmine teas. This one the flavor is very subtle and soft.This is a staple...” Read full tasting note
    Ellyn 230 tasting notes
  • “This is another of the generous samples sent along to me by Two Leaves and a Bud recently. Early on, I can say that I enjoy the fact that this has such a mild jasmine aroma....” Read full tasting note
    Dinahsaur 91 tasting notes
  • “I’m not usually a big green tea drinker, but this one is quite nice. I found this one at T.J.Maxx for 3 bucks marked down. I buy a lot of my teas that way. What I like about this tea is while...” Read full tasting note
    Maniac49 429 tasting notes
  • “I got this sachet from BrewTEAlly Sweet :) Not a bad little bagged jasmine! Very much like the kind they serve at good Chinese restaurants. Always welcome in my tea stash ;)” Read full tasting note
    paradigmamnesia 1113 tasting notes

From two leaves and a bud

Traditional Jasmine tea is green tea dried with petals of jasmine flower. As the tea dries, it absorbs the flavor of the jasmine. We leave the jasmine petals in ours for a great taste and visual experience. Jasmine tea is the most consumed tea in China. The finest is grown in the Fujian Province, where the teas exhibit a depth and complexity not found in lesser tea

About two leaves and a bud View company

I don’t know what I am always so hesitant to drink jasmine white tea, but as soon as it enters my mouth it’s heaven for the first half of the cup, after which the jasmine becomes too strong and begins to upset my stomach. I will try it a few more times before my final verdict.

180 °F / 82 °C

I went to a valentine’s day themed tea party yesterday! And this is what I had. It’s a good jasmine, and completely fitting for the tea party.

yo man i just had this tea tonight and it is the bawm dawt cawm. i am not mad at this tea at ALL. i dont know wat jasmin is but on a scale of one (1) to ten (10) its a tastesplosion yeah. it was like i had a dang like there was a flower garden in my mouth it was great. im kind of a tea noob but this kinda stuff the reason id heat my water ya feel me

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

This is also offered in a “pearl” version, which I tried this week and am completely a fan. The jasmine fragrance isn’t overwhelming, it has an almost “rock candy” aroma in the cup. It begins with sweet, but it doesn’t deliver as strongly in the finish, which is why I enjoy it. A tea that my complicated palate can appreciate, and one that younger members of my family also enjoyed for it’s unique ‘sweet’.

I found the green tea used in this blend extremely pleasant. I have a difficult time finding green teas that I enjoy because so many are bitter, astringent, or too weak. Anyway, I love the green tea used in this.

The jasmine went really well with the green tea. I normally enjoy very strong jasmine teas but I actually really liked the subdued jasmine in this because it allowed the green tea flavour to how through.

First steep was 3 minutes in very hot water with one teabag in a medium size teapot. Second steep was more flavourful because i let it steep a four more minutes. Third steep was starting to be overly tannic. The second steep was my favourite, but I think if you played with the times a bit, you might be able to get three good steeps out of the teabag.

Flavors: Floral, Green, Jasmine, Sweet, Tannin

200 °F / 93 °C 20 OZ / 600 ML

It’s been a long time since I’ve had a good cup of jasmine tea, and this fits the bill! :D

Flavors: Floral, Green, Jasmine

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 5 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

this jasmine suits my disposition and position on jasmine as my flavorite favor, mnang taste lovely

Flavors: Garden Peas, Goji, Stewed Fruits

An excellent quality jasmine. Not quite as floral as Paromi Jasmine, but for people who don’t love heavy flowers, a great option.

Flavors: Gardenias, Jasmine

My wife got me this tea for my birthday, and I tried it this morning. I don’t have much experience with jasmine teas (in fact, this is my first one), but this is delicious. The jasmine smell is strong from the dry tea, but the flavor is subtle. Just as good on the second steep—in fact, I was able to taste some new subtleties (including what tasted like the smallest hint of cinnamon; of course, the only ingredients are green tea and jasmine, but the hint was still there). A very good tea—I’m glad this was my introduction to jasmine green tea. By the way, they’ve updated their packaging—recommended steep time is now three minutes.

Originally published at The Nice Drinks In Life: http://thenicedrinksinlife.blogspot.com/2013/03/jasmine-petal-tea.html

Name: Jasmine Petal Tea
Type: Green Tea
Purveyor: Two Leaves Tea Co.
Preparation: One tea bag steeped in about eight ounces of 180-degree water for 3:00 (as recommended), sipped plain

It is hardly a secret that tea is an absorbent product. It absorbs moisture, of course, but more perniciously, it absorbs scents, aromas, flavors, and just about any other such compound, making careful storage of dry leaves an indispensable task for tea drinkers. Anyone who has ever, from a cavalier attitude or simple laziness, just tossed an unsecured bag of tea into the cabinet or (even worse) the ’fridge, knows precisely of what I speak.

Of course, it is not all a bad thing. The good Mr. Richard Rosenfeld, founder and CEO of Two Leaves Tea Co. (formerly Two Leaves and a Bud), is said to take tea that he finds sub-par for drinking, and use it in place of baking soda as an odor absorber in his refrigerator. It works quite the same.

Another, perhaps more appreciable way to put tea’s absorbent qualities to good use is to produce scented tea. This nifty category of flavored teas is produced by drying tea leaves among whatever is is that we want the tea to taste like, and letting the scents and flavors get absorbed. Then the tea leaves – and only the tea leaves, not the scent-producers – are gathered and sold.

Scented teas are hardly rare, and comprise a tradition many centuries old going back to China, but all too often these days tea is flavored by throwing it together with other objects and packaging them all together. The flavors become overpowering, the tasting notes and health benefits of the tea become diluted, and even calling the product “tea” becomes rather more a convention of convenience than one of precision, as actual tea may comprise a rather small percentage of what gets brewed.

With scented tea, on the other hand, the flavors are discrete, balanced, in harmony with the tea instead of clashing against it. Two Leaves Tea has done a keen job with Jasmine Petal of scenting green tea with jasmine. By no means should my kind readership just take my word for it: trust some experts. This tea has brought to Two Leaves Tea first place prize at the 2012 North American Tea Championship in the Jasmine Scented Green Tea category of the Packaged Single-Service class (a new class in the competition). Very nice!

The tea brews into a strong, yellow beverage – not fluorescent, but not pale or translucent, either; just a deep, rich hue of yellow. In the aroma, jasmine opens like a lotus as it ascends into the nose. There are slight – very slight – fruity notes as well. The aroma is rich, but discreet. Also, smooth.

Most people who have tasted jasmine are familiar with its occasional tendency towards astringency, but this jasmine here, on the contrary, is quite sweet. Some malt underlies the flavor, but comes off more as a textural note than as a tasting note. As the sips go on, the green tea’s own notes come out from the woodwork: leafy, sweet, slightly tannic. But the jasmine maintains the spotlight, right through to the finish. Conveniently for this flavor combination, the tea is medium-bodied and very smooth, even silky.

The flavors really do blend well together. The green tea notes make for an excellent platform on which the jasmine sits high – elegant; solid yet supple; strong yet gentle.

The Jasmine Petal tea works for breakfast inasmuch as it is caffeinated, but it would be most ideally suited for the afternoon. The rich flavors and easy smoothness make for an excellent vessel by which to return oneself to a state of calm, focus, and clarity after one of those busy days in which, between the mind and the body, each seems to be more wound up than the other.

Enjoy.