Organic Better Rest Blend

Herbal Tea
Anise, Chamomile, Fennel, Ginger, Hops, Lemon Balm, Lemongrass, Orange Peels, Peppermint, Rose Hips, Valerian Root
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Went shopping with my wife all day yesterday. Mostly we were looking at grills and patio furniture. Of course since we were in the big town of Bloomington, my wife had to hit Joann's which is a...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1251 tasting notes
  • “I picked this herbal tisane up at Whole Foods a couple of weeks ago but am just getting around to trying it now. I really like the flavor here and it seems very relaxing - the only downside for...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2307 tasting notes
  • “I will say this certainly had a lovely chamomile smell to it once steeped. That was after a full boil on the water and waiting 4 (er 6) minutes for the tisane to steep. I had a pretty busy/slightly...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes
  • “I have to be honest, when it comes to "bedtime" blends, I'm rather partial to my Meadow Nocturne. However, since I've stopped making my blends, it's nice when I come across a blend that I like...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4323 tasting notes

From two leaves and a bud

If the sandman has passed you by, try this relaxing blend of chamomile, peppermint, hops and valerian. Lemon balm and rose hips make this herbal tea a soothing and healthy part of your bedtime ritual. Sip, sip, saw logs!

• Caffeine: NONE Light Moderate
  • Top note: Honey
  • Middle Note: Smooth
  • Finish: Slightly Sweet

About two leaves and a bud View company

Went shopping with my wife all day yesterday. Mostly we were looking at grills and patio furniture. Of course since we were in the big town of Bloomington, my wife had to hit Joann’s which is a fabric/craft store. I stayed in the car. Lastly we went to Sahara Mart which is a world food market. They have the largest tea aisle I have ever seen. It is mostly bagged tea. They did have a full range of Ahmad both bagged and loose but I resisted. I bet they had a dozen 500g boxes of Green Tea with Earl Grey but I resisted. I did however grab a box of Better Rest from Two Leaves. It is kind of pricey at $7 for 15 sachets. However when you are barely sleeping it seems like a small price to pay.

We used two sachets last night. I don’t recall how I described this the last time I had it, except I gulped it down. Last night we finally agreed it tasted like a Rock N Roll from our local shaved ice shop. A R&R is black cherry, grape, and blueberry. Now none of that is in this herbal but it still reminded us of those flavors. Really easy to drink. Looking at the way Steepster lists ingredients (alphabetically) many of you would avoid this as it lists anise and fennel early in the list. In truth, I caught the fennel, but just barely and I did not know there was anise in it until I read it here.

I was so tired last night that I could not tell if this relaxed me or not but I went to bed at 10 and woke up at 6, so a good night! My wife however said she was up most of the night. She came back to bed just before I got up. She is stressing over a wedding she was volunteered to help create decorations for. The bride to be thinks there is plenty of time – 2 1/2 months – and won’t resolve anything or help shop. She really does not understand how much time and work is involved. I’d walk away. As for me, I’m not stressed at all. Our one year old mattress seems to not like me. I hurt all over when I get up in the morning.

Sorry didn’t mean to write a book.

mrmopar

No book, but I am glad you got some much needed rest.

Nxtdoor

INdiana or Illinois? Just curious. I went to State Farm training in Bloomington, IL.

Nxtdoor

Duh, never mind, I just saw you’re from Indiana. So you probably didn’t go shopping in Illinois. Lol

K S

Yep, Indiana. Don’t let my wife know there is shopping in Illinois!

Nxtdoor

Haha. Yes, by all means, let’s hide Chicago off the map.

K S

Thanks, I knew I could count on you! ;)

TeaBrat

This is a good herbal, I also like Tension tamer from Celestial Seasonings

K S

I almost picked up Tension Tamer. I passed because I know it is cheaper at Walmart. I’d much prefer the peppermint over the spearmint in Sleepytime – though I drinl that CS herbal as well.

I really like the flavor here and it seems very relaxing – the only downside for me is it’s very minty and peppermint gives me acid reflux sometimes. I like the chamomile, the licorice and the lemon balm. It seems very well balanced and refreshing. I’m not sure I would buy it again due to the strong peppermint flavor but otherwise it’s very enjoyable and will hopefully bring the Sandman by soon. :)

I will say this certainly had a lovely chamomile smell to it once steeped. That was after a full boil on the water and waiting 4 (er 6) minutes for the tisane to steep. I had a pretty busy/slightly stressful day at work. Which meant chamomile and peppermint were in order. Most of what I can taste in this tea is the chamomile, peppermint, and perhaps the lemon balm. If the other flavors are there well then they must be shy on taste. But I can tell you I can feel the soothing properties of the valerian and rose hips.

By soothing I mean it is or should be nap time! That’s what I look for in a good sleepy time tea. Something not super medicinal smelling, big on taste, and even bigger on the ability to make me want to go down for the count. Well, this tea certainly makes me want to call it a day, four hours early! So it looks like trying out their Organic Tamayokucha or even the Organic Assam (also from the sampler) might be in order. That is if I WANT to make it to my 10pm bed time.

For the full review please visit: http://thepurrfectcup.com/2012/10/24/organic-better-rest-blend-two-leaves-tea-review/

I have to be honest, when it comes to “bedtime” blends, I’m rather partial to my Meadow Nocturne. However, since I’ve stopped making my blends, it’s nice when I come across a blend that I like almost as well. This is one of those blends.

I love the flavor of this one. It’s very light and gently sweet. There are soft notes of peppermint, citrus, ginger and licorice… and an overtone of honey that is not overwhelming.

I can already feel myself starting to relax….

I’m giving this bedtime brew from Two Leaves and a Bud another try. My last glass was not very effective, as I was penning my tasting note near 5 am. Tonight we’re pushing 2:30 am. With any luck, I’ll be asleep before 3:30 am.

What to say about this tisane. Lots of aniseed and lemon grass, not very much chamomile. I almost feel that chamomile was thrown in as an afterthought, or maybe to satisfy everyone’s concept of “bedtime brew”. I don’t even taste it. In fact, I’d recommend this infusion more for settling one’s stomach than as an inducement to sleep.

Despite the undeniable inclusion of stinky valerian, I’m not sure that the dose is high enough for me. Perhaps I’d be better off with two glasses, but then I’d have to descend from my chambers in the middle of the night. Oh well, this was my last bag, I believe.

A final question: why in the world did this company change their name to Two Leaves? It would be like Starbucks changing their name to Bucks. Hmmm… come to think of it, that name rather fits!

Memily

The name change was probably because it was originally too much of a mouthful! The change is a little snappier.

sherapop

Thanks, Memily. But the reference is now lost!

Angrboda

‘Two Leaves And A Bud’ tends to makes me think of ‘Two Guys And A Girl’…