Organic Better Rest Blend

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

• “Most herbals I don’t really care for. Some I kind of like enough I will drink. This one I gulped. Seriously, It was gone way before I intended. It doesn’t look like chamomile in the sachet. It...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1160 tasting notes
  • “I picked this herbal tisane up at Whole Foods a couple of weeks ago but am just getting around to trying it now. I really like the flavor here and it seems very relaxing - the only downside for...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2169 tasting notes
  • “I will say this certainly had a lovely chamomile smell to it once steeped. That was after a full boil on the water and waiting 4 (er 6) minutes for the tisane to steep. I had a pretty busy/slightly...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes
  • “I have to be honest, when it comes to "bedtime" blends, I'm rather partial to my Meadow Nocturne. However, since I've stopped making my blends, it's nice when I come across a blend that I like...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4231 tasting notes

From two leaves and a bud

If the sandman has passed you by, try this relaxing blend of chamomile, peppermint, hops and valerian. Lemon balm and rose hips make this herbal tea a soothing and healthy part of your bedtime ritual. Sip, sip, saw logs!

• Caffeine: NONE Light Moderate
  • Top note: Honey
  • Middle Note: Smooth
  • Finish: Slightly Sweet

About two leaves and a bud View company

Most herbals I don’t really care for. Some I kind of like enough I will drink. This one I gulped. Seriously, It was gone way before I intended. It doesn’t look like chamomile in the sachet. It looks more like splinters of wood. It turned dark in my cup. There wasn’t enough light in the room to tell what color but my guess is purplish red from the rose hips. The taste is light peppermint and licorice with honey poured over the top. There is no licorice (or honey) in this so it must be the combination chamomile and valerian. In fact I couldn’t single out the chamomile either. I don’t know what valerian is, but I want some. It is on my herb garden list for next year. This relaxed me and shut down my mind. I slept for 6 hours (I haven’t been sleeping much). I would have slept longer if not for that pesky alarm.

Claire

Valerian makes me sleepy too but for some reason it messes up my tummy!

gmathis

I’ve either had no sleepytime luck with valerian or haven’t stumbled across the proper formulation yet, but I know there are plenty of folks here who swear by it.

I really like the flavor here and it seems very relaxing – the only downside for me is it’s very minty and peppermint gives me acid reflux sometimes. I like the chamomile, the licorice and the lemon balm. It seems very well balanced and refreshing. I’m not sure I would buy it again due to the strong peppermint flavor but otherwise it’s very enjoyable and will hopefully bring the Sandman by soon. :)

I will say this certainly had a lovely chamomile smell to it once steeped. That was after a full boil on the water and waiting 4 (er 6) minutes for the tisane to steep. I had a pretty busy/slightly stressful day at work. Which meant chamomile and peppermint were in order. Most of what I can taste in this tea is the chamomile, peppermint, and perhaps the lemon balm. If the other flavors are there well then they must be shy on taste. But I can tell you I can feel the soothing properties of the valerian and rose hips.

By soothing I mean it is or should be nap time! That’s what I look for in a good sleepy time tea. Something not super medicinal smelling, big on taste, and even bigger on the ability to make me want to go down for the count. Well, this tea certainly makes me want to call it a day, four hours early! So it looks like trying out their Organic Tamayokucha or even the Organic Assam (also from the sampler) might be in order. That is if I WANT to make it to my 10pm bed time.

For the full review please visit: http://thepurrfectcup.com/2012/10/24/organic-better-rest-blend-two-leaves-tea-review/

I have to be honest, when it comes to “bedtime” blends, I’m rather partial to my Meadow Nocturne. However, since I’ve stopped making my blends, it’s nice when I come across a blend that I like almost as well. This is one of those blends.

I love the flavor of this one. It’s very light and gently sweet. There are soft notes of peppermint, citrus, ginger and licorice… and an overtone of honey that is not overwhelming.

I can already feel myself starting to relax….