Herbal Tea
Peppermint, Menthol, Mint
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by derk

From two leaves and a bud

Refreshing, minty, organic peppermint aids in digestion and gives clarity of thought. Fresh, pure aroma will lift your spirits and quiet your mind. Mint is one of the oldest of drinks. The mint-after-a-meal custom dates back to ancient Rome, and has been a favorite cure for indigestion since Biblical times.

About two leaves and a bud View company

In attempt to ‘get rid of’ the after effects from the Hibiscus nightmare (I mean “dream”) – I went ahead with this one.

This is a neat green-brown color – rich and deep in color. Smells like regular peppermint…and pretty much tastes like it. Run of the mill, yes…full of minty-goodness, yes.

This tea is just perfect for this evening. I made a rather spicy stir fry for dinner, and this cuppa is calming my stomach and lifting my spirits!

There really isn’t a lot to say about this other than it’s pure peppermint – and it tastes like it! Minty and fresh. Nice – soothing – delicious.

This is everything you could want in a peppermint tisane. It’s crisp, minty, and full of natural flavor. It wasn’t stale or too mild at all. I got exactly what I was hoping for out of this option.

Thanks to Two Leaves and a Bud for sending along this sample!

Might have calmed my Friday stress down a little bit, but also have sent me a little closer to comatose status. Uh oh…

170 °F / 76 °C 8 min or more

I got some loose leaf sample from California again; derk sent me some! Thank you!

I took two teaspoons and boiling water. Brewed grandpa. As we have peppermint in our garden, I wasn’t that impressed seeing another peppermint tea. But hey, this is so good as ours! Very fresh and I really liked the flavour. It wasn’t muddy, musty or just plain.

i am afraid I can’t say much more as it was as expected, minty and fresh. And as there aren’t any other ingredients, it was “just minty”. But good minty.

Flavors: Peppermint

Boiling 2 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML
White Antlers

Glad to see this tasting note. I just ordered this tea for myself last night.

derk

Bah, I would’ve sent you a good amount had I known. The four ounce size is too much for me.

White Antlers

derk No worries. Heaven help me if I start getting weak willed again and begin accepting more tea into my still bulging cupboards. Thanks for the thought! smiles

Leafhopper

I need to get around to trying this tea, which Derk also generously sent me. It smells promising, though. (I’m not the only one to open and smell incoming teas in resealable bags, right?)

Martin Bednář

You aren’t only one Leafhopper, indeed zou aren’t. I have Advent Calendar from Shae and it’s uch hard to not open the envelopes!

Mastress Alita

Resealable packages? Ya, I like to steal a wiff. But nowadays I’m trying to leave all heat-sealed packages sealed until I’m ready to drink to preserve freshness. (There was once a time when I used to rip open ALL my new tea to smell them right away, and after accumulating so much and now trying to sip down those years-old tea, I realize what a dumb practice that was!)

Leafhopper

Martin, glad to know I’m not the only one. :) I’d also be tempted by those little advent calendar envelopes!

Mastress Alita, I don’t open all my vacuum- or heat-sealed packages anymore either, although I remember a time when I’d cut open the resealable bags with a heat seal (though never the vacuum-sealed oolong packages). I have five or six bag clips and I limit myself to drinking only that many non-resealable teas. Since I gravitate toward green oolongs, which can go stale quickly, I’ve found this to be a good strategy.

Mastress Alita

I repackage the vacuum-sealed ones (or anything that won’t “reseal” after being cut open) into aluminum ziptop packaging (though it is infinitely annoying when a zip breaks away from the package… I have some bag clips like you describe exactly because of that problem, hahaha). But I used to do that right away, so I could smell the tea. With all new tea orders now, I’m making sure to keep them vacuum sealed/heat sealed right until the minute I’m ready for the first tasting! Takes me so long to get around to drinking things anymore that I may as well try to keep the flavor as long as possible…

Leafhopper

That’s a good idea. Where do you get your empty ziptop bags? I also tend to go through teas slowly and probably don’t need any encouragement to open more of them!

Cameron B.

@Mastress Alita – I’m getting to that point, too. I have so many older teas that are already open that I need to sipdown…

Mastress Alita

@Leafhopper: I purchase these ones, usually both the smallest size (good for samplers/up to an ounce or so) and the next size up (2-4oz depending on the tea).

Leafhopper

Thanks! The price is reasonable, though the shipping to Canada pushes it up. I’ll have to check if Amazon Canada has these bags (though again, do I really need an excuse to open more tea pouches?).

I met up with 2 ¡awesome and kind! Steepster members – Mastress Alita and Todd – at the San Francisco International Tea Festival today. I got blasted on tea and being around that many people in general is exhausting for me. Now that I’m home, I figured a cooling cup of peppermint from my aunt’s stash would help me settle.

So I spent all this time perfecting my loose-leaf peppermint brewing only to have that effort decimated by some bagged leaf drank grandpa style. Seriously, this blows all peppermint tea out of the water. Pure, potent peppermint that opens my sinuses, cools my lungs and warms this icy heart. No leaf stew here, no burps, no scratchy throat. Good job sourcing that leaf, two leaves and a bud!

175 °F / 79 °C 8 OZ / 236 ML
Tabby

That sounds so cool! I wish at Atlanta had something like that.

derk

Maybe you can help start one ;)

Mastress Alita

It was a good time, but conventions are always draining on introverts. By day three of a sci-fi/anime con I’ll be so wasted, and most that I’ve been to are more spread out/have better crowd control than that.

Excellent and very potent peppermint. Not really anything to say about a peppermint tea other than it tastes like fresh peppermint.

it also resteeps very well.

Flavors: Menthol, Mint, Peppermint

I adore peppermint tea and this one tastes really good. I like it better than the Tim Hortons one.

While visiting a local coffee shop in the mountains, I stumbled upon this brand and decided to try the peppermint. The tea smells very strong of peppermint but has a very refreshing taste to it.

Very light and refreshing. Minty but not overwhelming. Good for relaxing, not waking up. More pricey than my usual tea.