Organic Earl Grey Tea Bergamot Ceylon

Edit tea info Last updated by tokyohanna

From two leaves and a bud

Our Earl Grey starts with a great quality, organic large leaf, sweet black tea (not “blending teas”) from Ceylon (Sri Lanka). We add just a hint of pure bergamot oil to create the famous Earl Grey taste. There are many legends of how Earl Grey came into being. Our favorite is that the Earl had a shipment of tea that also picked up bergamot oranges and their odor and flavor was absorbed. It was a huge success on the market and a legend was born.

About two leaves and a bud View company

There is a earl grey likeness to it but there is more standard black tea than flavoring which is ok imo but might be lacking for some.

I was totally ok with the taste of this tea!

Just had a chance to try this tea, thanks to a very nice person (Gwen) at the car maintenance place. While waiting for the mechanics to do their thing, I was hoping for a cuppa tea, but they only had coffee. She pulled out a bag of this tea that she had saved from a vacation stay somewhere. This is a good Earl Grey compared to others I’ve had (especially Twinings) but still overly strong on the oil of bergamot smell and taste. (Tea Forte is the most subtle, so far.) The package says to steep 3 mins, but was too light (I like milk and sweetener in mine). Not sure if I would buy any of this.

Earl Grey is not one of my favorite teas, but this one might change my mind. The bergamont is not overpowering, and is really more of a high note that allows the strong flavor of the black tea to come through. In a lot of Earl Greys, all you can taste is the bergamont.

To be honest, I chose this tea just to have some variety in my tealog! It’s good ;) luckily. With some raw sugar & organic milk.