Edit tea info Last updated by Todd

• “After reading my initial review (really more of a horror story) about my experience trying the Tamayokucha green tea from Two Leaves and a Bud, I received an email from the Marketing Coordinator of...” Read full tasting note
    Dinahsaur 88 tasting notes
  • “This one came in the complete sampler kit that was a gift from my 'buds' at Two Leaves (har, har, I kill me). The sampler is a neat way to try out some new teas. I grabbed this one for my morning...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1355 tasting notes
  • “Bagged but bold! This is a creamy malty not an overly-bold or strong manly malty. It's still of good strength so we will go with a medium strength bold and malty description. It 'brews' quickly...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “This one is nowhere near as good as the Assam Breakfast sachet. Bleh! Though judging by the other notes, maybe the milk at this coffee shop was bad? In that case, I'll stick to the one on campus...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes

From two leaves and a bud

From two leaves and a bud:
Assam Tea is famous for its lush flavor and golden color. Rich brown leaves with golden tips yield a distinguished multi-layered “malty” flavor. We have chosen a traditional, orthodox full leaf tea. Full bodied, deep gold in color, Assam tea is the perfect breakfast tea. The oldest tea growing region of Assam in NE India has low, rolling hills creating a great environment for rich tea. Hot days combined with cool nights bring out the fullest flavor.

About two leaves and a bud View company

The aroma is lovely, you can certainly tell it is an Assam from the first sniff! Rich and malty. I was however, surprised by the amount of dust in the tea wrapper and then in my tea, I have not run into that before with this company’s Assam.

The taste is quite good! Malty, rich, subtly sweet, and not at all bitter. I think this tea would be perfect to make a Chai and I will have to get more to do just that!

This tea is a fine Assam and stronger than other bagged Assams I have tried. I like the aromatics and the flavour finish. Try bagging it for a little shorter than the recommended time. Bonus points to 2L+AB for a compostable plastic bag and sachet.

Bagged

Aroma when Dry: Slightly sour, malty.

After water is first poured: woody, with malt notes

At end of steep: warm, twiggy, malty, toasty.
Tea liquor:
At first: light brown
At end of steep: deep earth brown

Staple? No but, inviting me to try others, loose leaf for sure.
Time of day preferred: Midday, afternoon

Taste:
first notes: Rich, smoky, toasty quality.
As it cools? Bitters quickly, but not unbearably stays smokey, malty.
Additives used (milk, honey, sugar etc)? No.
Lingers? Yes, with a smoky maltyness

At the coffee shop, I needed a tea to drink. This tastes like a standard run of the mill bagged Assam. Medium body, clean finish, a little drying on the back outer edges of the palate, I’m unimpressed. However, it’s better than nothing. 50/100. New to tea? Try this one. It’ll grow on you. I’m glad to have hot lightly flavored water on a cold, rainy classic Ohio autumn afternoon. Enjoy your cup today, whatever it may be!

when I am in a hurry and use a sachet, this is one of the ones I go for in the morning. I truly enjoy the flavor and give it a thumbs up for a decent hit in the AM. Their Jasmine is lovely as well, but that’s for another post!