Organic Tamayokucha

Sachet
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Kirkoneill1988

• “I'm pretty sure that I rated this tea before, so this must be another case of a multi-profiled tea... Anyway, as I am currently in the midst of a travel-imposed loose tea hiatus, this sachet of...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 1163 tasting notes
  • “time for a full review: when i open the single sachet pack the tea smells like nice flowers and grass :) when i steep it, it smels like a normal smooth light green tea :P the same when i taste...” Read full tasting note
    Kirkoneill1988 189 tasting notes

From Two Leaves Tea

This incredible Japanese-style tea is steamed as it dries, yielding a sweet, light flavor with no bitterness. Like all high quality Japanese green teas, this tea is green, not brown.

There’s a reason this is our best selling green tea – it has a sweet, light flavor you want in a cuppa’ green tea, without being bitter. How do we do it? These whole tea leaves are gently steamed as they dry. Tamayokucha has a beautiful green hue you’ll enjoy seeing in your cup as much as savoring on your tongue.

Staff pick: “I am a Tamy Girl! Green Tea, Medium Hot and no additions.” -Dena, Inventory Manager.

About Two Leaves Tea View company

I’m pretty sure that I rated this tea before, so this must be another case of a multi-profiled tea… Anyway, as I am currently in the midst of a travel-imposed loose tea hiatus, this sachet of Organic Tamayokucha is tasting mighty fine. True, it’s my first Japanese tea in at least two weeks, so my judgment may be skewed by deprivation.

The flavor seems to me half-way between a succulent China green and a Japanese green. Definitely neither a sencha flavor nor a bancha flavor! It’s even reminding me a tad of my limited Indonesian green tea experience. I have a couple more of these sachets, which came in the sampler box from Two Leaves. It’s a somewhat odd concept for a sampler box: three different teas, this Tamayokucha, an Assam, and a bedtime valerian-chamomile blend. I find it odd because Two Leaves has many other varieties of teas to be sampled!

On a tangentially related note: I am no longer a fan of cellophane-wrapped sachets (which is why I am using all of mine up on this trip). The last straw was when the scent of my Mighty Leaf mint tea ended up infusing into all of the other cellophane-wrapped teas with which it was stored!

Kirkoneill1988

I ran out of that tea. :P it was an ok tea ;)

Kirkoneill1988

did you check out my reviews for that tea? :)

time for a full review:

when i steep it, it smels like a normal smooth light green tea :P

the same when i taste it :)

overall it smells and tastes nice :)

same rating.