Egyptian Chamomile

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Lily Cheng

• “I had never been a big chamomile tea (tisane, if you insist) drinker. I had stuck to teabags and often it seemed like a kind of dusty taste. But was wondering about trying again a better grade of...” Read full tasting note
    cteresa 325 tasting notes

From Unknown

The finest Chamomile flowers grow along the Nile in Egypt. You haven’t experienced the true sweetness of Chamomile, until you’ve tasted this. It is reported that this beverage has a calming effect that will allow you to relax or even fall asleep. This a very soothing and relaxing beverage. (Tea Time, Palo Alto)

About Unknown View company

I had never been a big chamomile tea (tisane, if you insist) drinker. I had stuck to teabags and often it seemed like a kind of dusty taste. But was wondering about trying again a better grade of chamomile and the other day in the bio supermarket I was intrigued by their own brand organic herbs. The dried chamomile flowers were really quite huge (and almost grotesque), and even through the packaging there was this nice cosy (much nicer than teabags) chamomile scent. Costing about 2 euros for a big huge package (50 grams? 100? it looks huge because of the volume), I bought it.

And it is a totally different, so much nicer, tisane than the other kinds I had before. Yep, I finally get chamomile and love it as well.

Just a quibble, or warning – this is about the messiest tea ever for my gravity infuser, even worse than rooibos. I just use a small teapot and strainer, or go lazy and fill a make-your-own teabag.

This, or some kind of it, is going to be a staple for me.