Tai Ping Hou kui

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Charles Thomas Draper

• “Yes, I completely forgot that I said last time I would actually weigh this one before making it. I just did a bunch of tea, at 180° for 90s. And I took a picture for *Cwyn* this time, too....” Read full tasting note
    cheri0627 368 tasting notes

From Unknown

Product description not available yet.

About Unknown View company

I just did a bunch of tea, at 180° for 90s.

And I took a picture for Cwyn this time, too. https://www.flickr.com/gp/cheri0627/5696am

So it’s not the most beautiful of the teas that I saw in pictures, when I googled it, but it’s not as bad as some. It’s got whole leaves and buds, but most are broken leaf pieces.

it still tastes good. Light and vegetal, slightly sweet.

I should weigh it next time, and let it steep for longer, but whatever. I liked it this way.

KiwiDelight

It looks like there are indentations on the leaves.

Cheri

There are. It has to do with how they’re prepared.

KiwiDelight

Woooow! Interesting technique. It’s so fascinating how tea producers come up with all these different ways to process green tea.

Cheri

It is! This one was quite a surprise when I opened it up. (It came in a huge tin.)

Cwyn

Yay thanks for the pic. I’m still seeing quite a few 1 leaf/1bud in the photo. If you have broken off buds it could be just damage from the tin. Hard to know. Sure is pretty tea though, I really liked the taste of the one I tried , the little bit of charcoal roast on it is yummy and can stand up to overheating too.

Cheri

I have a lot. I could send you some of you’re interested.