Tai Ping Hou kui

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Charles Thomas Draper

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This is a gift from a friend who was making frequent work trips to China. He's changed companies, so no more trips to China for him, and no more tea direct from China for me. Ah well. It was nice...” Read full tasting note
    cheri0627 304 tasting notes

From Unknown

Product description not available yet.

About Unknown View company

1 Tasting Note

This is a gift from a friend who was making frequent work trips to China. He’s changed companies, so no more trips to China for him, and no more tea direct from China for me. Ah well. It was nice while it lasted.

Mine is not in the packaging pictured here, but it is unknown. I have no clue anything about it. The only bits I can read on the package are TaiPing HouKui and 3-5 twice and 90°C. It is in a really nice tin that unfortunately was dented in transit. It still seals nicely, so at least I can store it in that.

So I guessed 3-5 minutes at 90°C based on the above information.

This is underleafed. It’s really hard to measure these leaves. I tried about 2t-ish but the leaves are not measuring friendly. Whites are easier to measure. I guess I should have pulled out the scale, but my husband is working on a project in the kitchen, and I had no space to work. As I’m basically out of water now (he’s doing a plumbing project) I can’t try again.

I will write up a better review once I try it weighing it. I can tell, though, that I’m going to like this one.

It’s a good thing because I’ve got a pretty good amount of it.