Indian White

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle

1 Tasting Note View all

From Unknown

Product description not available yet.

About Unknown View company

1 Tasting Note

A friend sent me a small sample of this, with the description “Indian White.”

It looks like a white peony / bai mu dan – all brittle, flat leaves.

I’m very sad that this is the end of the sample, since I’m on the third steep and still going strong. Really sweet and soft, creamy. It’s almost like sugar snap peas. It sparkles.

Does anyone have any Indian White teas to recommend me? I haven’t tried any outside of this, but I don’t want to let this one go!

Aiko

Ooh, a mystery tea! Too bad you don’t know where it came from; it sounds lovely.

Michelle

It really, really is. I asked the girl I swapped with (not on this site) and she got it at her local co-op… she sent me the link, and I could buy it online… but only in 8lb quantities. I’m so sad to see this one go!

momo

I meant to post this earlier but completely forgot, this company is heavy on Indian teas but sadly they only have this one and it’s kind of expensive: http://www.mahamosa.com/teabar/en/nilgiri-white-special.html
And Zhena’s Gypsy Tea has an Indian Bai Mu Dan: http://www.gypsytea.com/Indian-White-Tea-Loose-Leaf—P103.aspx
Of course, it’s not expensive but is a pound of tea (though that is better than 8).

Michelle