High Mountain Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Emilie

• “I received this in a swap on r/teaexchange. I don't know anything about it besides that it is a high mountain oolong. I didn't get much time for tea yesterday, as my boyfriend is sick, and I had...” Read full tasting note
    Molybdenum 252 tasting notes
  • “A friend brought this back for me as a gift from China. It's from Taiwan, though. I'm having it grandpa style, and I think it works really well that way. I just put a bunch in my carry mug, did a...” Read full tasting note
    cheri0627 449 tasting notes

From Unknown

Product description not available yet.

About Unknown View company

I received this in a swap on r/teaexchange. I don’t know anything about it besides that it is a high mountain oolong.

I didn’t get much time for tea yesterday, as my boyfriend is sick, and I had to go take care of him at his apartment. It’ll probably be about the same today, so I’m getting this one in before I go over.

This is a really nice golden color. I’m still not really good at picking out scents and flavors in unflavored teas, but I’m working on it. I would say there is a vegetal smell, with a hint of something roasted. With the first sip of this, it is definitely sweet. Sweet, smooth, and creamy, though a little weak. Perhaps resteepings can fix that. There is a vegetal flavor in the aftertaste.

I wish I had someone nearby who could be my tea mentor. We could taste different teas, and they could show me what all these different flavors are. Right now, I feel like I still don’t know what I’m talking about. Though, I guess the only way to fix that is to drink even more tea!
MegWesley

Yep. That is what I found. The best way to become more knowledgeable about tea is to drink more! And research to find facts about the tea you drink.

A friend brought this back for me as a gift from China. It’s from Taiwan, though.

I’m having it grandpa style, and I think it works really well that way. I just put a bunch in my carry mug, did a quick rinse, and then add more water as I want. I keep the water cooler, in the 160-170°F range. I find that works better for me when doing grandpa so I can actually drink it right away. (Plus, it doesn’t cool off in the carry mug, even though I’ve got the top off. I’m just using the carry mug for the screen.)

A little mineral, which I sometimes like in an oolong, and sweet and creamy. This is a nice tea, especially when I have it this way.

Cameron B.

Sounds pretty good, no floral! :D

Cheri

I can add some to the L&C box if you want.

Cameron B.

Up to you dear, do you have a lot?

I have quite a bit.

Cameron B.

Sure, you can if you want to. :)

Cheri

Will do! It’s a good tea to add, although it’s hard because I don’t know where to get more of it, you know?

Cameron B.

So don’t add it, you silly woman! :P

Cheri

Well, I meant it’s hard because no one else can get it. If you want to try it, I’ll include a sample for you.

Cameron B.

I don’t mind either way, mon Cheri. You add whatever you want and I’m sure it’ll be great. :P