Mystery Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle

From Unknown

Product description not available yet.

About Unknown View company

This was given to me by a friend. The package is all in Chinese characters. She gave me about six of these little foil packets, each containing ~3 tsp of leaves. They smell oolongy, but not sweet or floral at all. Very woodsy. There’s something reminiscent almost of a Yunnan black in the scent.

Taste is similar to the smell. It’s a darker oolong, but it doesn’t taste roasted. Just… dark. I may have oversteeped as it was a little bitter, but I still finished a large mug.

Rachel J

I have a tea like that given to me by a Chinese woman. ;)

Does it taste or smell chocolatey or like cocoa at all? It could be a Da Hong Pao.

mmmm Mystery Oolong. All I know this was a milk oolong – it came vacuumed sealed in 5g packets for free with my yixing turtle.

The tea looked great – big curled up leaves that opened into giant leaves stemmed with 2 or 3 leaves together. However, the flavor was really grassy, a little bitter and very little milk. Wasn’t really sweet or floral either.

I’ve been spoiled by Mandala Tea’s Milk Oolong! The entire time I was wishing I was drinking that!

Can’t figure out where I logged this before – so this will do nicely. This mystery oolong came my way ages ago from gmathis. Today I am finishing off the generous sample. I put the bag away but I think she wrote she pays $0.31/oz for this loose. I am jealous that she can buy loose leaf locally, and that she can buy it cheap, and that its pretty good. It kind of reminds me of formosa in that it is close to a black but still retains oolong qualities. Just a hint of background roasted notes. A nice tea.

Yep, they still stock it and the price hasn’t changed (fingers crossed that it never ever will). Will try to remember you like it next time I’m concocting a care package.

Well, someone added this into the system, so I’m going to use it.

It’s a mystery oolong, and it’s great. I’m super sick right now so I’m barely drinking any tea at all, but for some reason the idea of this seemed really soothing. It’s a nice green oolong, with just a little bit of roastiness. I can barely swallow it down because I’m so pathetic, but it’s lasted me 2 hours and it’s still great cold.

Feel better soon!

aww, hope you feel better soon!

oh noes! :( hope you feel better soon!

i’m so glad you have mystery oolong to help you out – and i do hope you feel better.

Feel better soon! I recommend tea with LOTS of honey when sick. :)

Thanks guys! I gotta force myself to drink instead of being tired and cold and unwilling to move when I have tea a foot away from me. :P (so pathetic!)