Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Cinnabar

From Unknown

Product description not available yet.

About Unknown View company

I’ve decided my husband’s friends from back in high school are awesome!

After a lovely trip to the conservatory of flowers in SF, where we enjoyed tons of butterflies and orchids, we had dinner at my husband’s friend’s family’s restaurant. That was a mouthful! So the restaurant is a Japanese restaurant with sushi and teriyaki, and they give everyone a huge pot of free genmaicha to drink with your meal. I get the whole pot to myself because my husband doesn’t drink hot tea, which is fine with me! Haha! So, my husband’s friend just happened to be there and when I told him I enjoyed the tea, he grabbed me some loose leaf from their bulk supply! Nice!! This is the second friend of my husband who has given me free tea. So like I said, they are awesome!!

… Only one thing comes to mind.

Popcorn soup.

I wish I could find a Gen Mai Cha that tasted like popcorn soup- I always get toasted rice cereal soup. :(

Rice cereal?
Lol huh… well… mine taste like popcorn – no doubt about it.
Buttery salty and nutty…

Yep, cuz it’s made w/ toasted rice that actually pops like popped corn (at least all the Gen Mai Cha I’ve seen is).

Had this at dinner at a nearby sushi restaurant. I suspect that the water they used was a little too hot or maybe the leaves weren’t great, but it did taste a little more burnt than other genmaichas. Anyway, I think it went well with our assorted fish and other delicious Japanese foods. Got quite a few refills until the waitress just kept checking on my tea almost on a schedule, haha. Followed up dinner by watching Thor 2, so all in all, a pretty good night :)

I’ve fallen into a routine with my tea drinking. Every morning, while I’m blearily puttering around the kitchen, I fill up a 12 oz timolino with a cream earl grey and a 16 oz carry mug with genmaicha, and stash them both in my purse. I have no idea what company the genmaicha is from—I got a ridiculous amount from a Japanese restaurant eons ago and the packaging is long gone—but it’s exactly to my tastes, ie. dominant toasty popcorn/rice notes and no grassiness to speak of. I find it soothing in the afternoons, especially when I hit my 2:30 slump.

I do the same thing! Only I don’t fully trust my travel containers, so I get a lot of smirks walking into work double-fisted. :)

I figure I shouldn’t subject anyone to an undercaffeinated-me, so really, I’m only looking out for them! ;)

A friend brought this tea to me all the way from Japan, so I have no idea of the company. It is packaged in a bright red patterned tin. The tea is good, but I have probably had it too long. It is good if you are looking for a green tea with a little more depth. It is a very interesting tea. If you are feeling adventurous, you must give this tea a try!