Chun Mee (Moon Palace)

Green Tea
Lemongrass
Edit tea info Last updated by zeitfliesst

From Upton Tea Imports

Description:
Literally translated, Chun Mee means ‘precious eyebrows’. One of our most popular China green teas. Steep about 2 minutes.
Origin:
China

About Upton Tea Imports View company

What a short brew time! Not unexpected though since it’s a green. The leaves are short and crunchy and smell really good. The brew is a light light caramel color. Maybe more like yellow-brown than caramel. There is some acidity but nothing really strong. I want to say it tastes slightly citrusy but don’t take that to mean it’s super acidic. It’s not. It’s a good tea but I am not sure if it’s a “WOW” tea.

a really good green tea. verry smooth

This has a nice delicate taste that reminds me of lemongrass but without the acidity. It has a light green liquor

Flavors: Lemongrass

There’s a little hint of a smoky/bitterness I’m picking up. But it’s also a bit like miso/umami. Just a hint. Overall sweet, not overly vegetal.

Edit: I’ve found that if I do a quick rinse of the leaves with hot water (basically immediately discard the first steep) the bitterness is gone, but the toasty/smoky remains, as does that umami-like smell and hint of flavor. I enjoy the tea much more following this method. But then you get to the last sip/swallow in the cup… bitter again.

180 °F / 82 °C 1 min, 15 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML