Chun Mee (Moon Palace)

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by zeitfliesst

From Upton Tea Imports

Literally translated, Chun Mee means ‘precious eyebrows’. One of our most popular China green teas. Steep about 2 minutes.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

What a short brew time! Not unexpected though since it’s a green. The leaves are short and crunchy and smell really good. The brew is a light light caramel color. Maybe more like yellow-brown than caramel. There is some acidity but nothing really strong. I want to say it tastes slightly citrusy but don’t take that to mean it’s super acidic. It’s not. It’s a good tea but I am not sure if it’s a “WOW” tea.

a really good green tea. verry smooth

This has a nice delicate taste that reminds me of lemongrass but without the acidity. It has a light green liquor

Flavors: Lemongrass

There’s a little hint of a smoky/bitterness I’m picking up. But it’s also a bit like miso/umami. Just a hint. Overall sweet, not overly vegetal.

Edit: I’ve found that if I do a quick rinse of the leaves with hot water (basically immediately discard the first steep) the bitterness is gone, but the toasty/smoky remains, as does that umami-like smell and hint of flavor. I enjoy the tea much more following this method. But then you get to the last sip/swallow in the cup… bitter again.

180 °F / 82 °C 1 min, 15 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML