Bond Street English Breakfast Blend (TB10)

Malt, Mineral, Tannin, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by zeitfliesst
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 9 oz / 266 ml

From Upton Tea Imports

A hearty blend of Ceylon and Assam teas, developed by a famous London company. Rich and flavorful even with extra milk.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

I steeped this for a good 3 minutes, but it may have not been enough. The taste is very subtle and cries for milk or sugar. Its definitely a neutral tea if you don’t have strong tea preferences, and would go well with desserts to balance out the sweetness.

This tea tastes like a nicer version of the english breakfasts I drank before getting into loose leaf tea (twinings and the like, bagged). It’s good, but gets pucker-your-mouth tart if you oversteep. I’ve had it plain, with sugar, and with milk and sugar, and it is most palatable with milk (sugar optional). I prefer a milder tea than this, but, I’m having a drowsy day when I need to be having a productive day, so I chose it from among my other curl-up-with-a-book choices.

This tea has replaced coffee as my breakfast drink of choice. I don’t care if it is a CTC. Bring on the milk, and lots of it: this brew is strong enough to handle it! And as with cooked puerh, BSEBB does not seem to get bitter with oversteeping. I can leave it in my tea press all morning, and the first cup is no less bracing than the third, taken an hour later.

Wow, this stuff is like coffee! Strong enough to etch metal! Quite a bit of astringency, and some hints of unsweetened dark chocolate. If this is Assam’s famous maltiness it slaps you upside the head on the way down your throat.

With 2 tsp rock sugar, no milk. Needs about 1/2 a tsp more sugar, I think.

Is there crack in this blend or what? I’ve recently (over the past 6-8 months) gone through several sampler sets from Upton (all black teas) and so tasted more than 20 different varieties. The Bond Street English Breakfast is far-and-away my favorite…like by light years. I don’t understand why, either. When I ran out, I tried to blend Ceylon and Assam several different ways with several different types of each and never came close.

Also I should mention that I only just started learning about tea this year. I couldn’t tell an Earl Grey from a FTGFOP Darjeeling when I started;).

Very astringent, but not bitter. Definitely a tea for milk. Nice beginning to the day but not destined to be a favorite.

Smells good in the bag, I keep sticking my face in there and enjoying the aroma. It actually kind of smells almost more like a Chinese tea to me. The leaves are cut very small, and expand greatly while steeping.
Taste: it has a somewhat typical UK breakfast flavor, but i’m getting spice-like notes that remind me of clove. Pretty refreshing iced.

This is one of the very best English Breakfast teas I have ever tried. No, really.
I like a STRONG, BOLD English cuppa (inherited from my grandmother!) and this one suits the bill. It’s got a great malty flavor, brews strong enough to get that delicious caramel color when I add milk.
This was my daily morning tea until I discovered I could buy P.G. Tips in bulk, but now that I’m writing this I’m thinking it needs to go back into rotation. It’s great if you’re a lover of bold tea with milk.

Flavors: Malt

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

From The Traveling Tea Box

A very nice Breakfast Blend. I wouldn’t mind it if it was a bit more malty but its still very nice and soon to be come a staple.

Not my usual morning tea, just wanted something more robust and brisk to go with my oatmeal. Light aroma, but good flavor and pleasant color. Enough kick to get me going this Monday morning…

Flavors: Malt, Mineral, Tannin, Wood