Strawberry Rhubarb Fruit Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Meghann M
Iced 7 min, 45 sec

1 Tasting Note View all

From Upton Tea Imports

A caffeine-free fruit beverage containing rosehips, hibiscus, apple pieces, apricot pieces, raspberry pieces, corinth, and flavorin

About Upton Tea Imports View company

1 Tasting Note

Last week I ordered a medley of sample sized herbal fruit teas from Upton Tea Imports. I loved all the fruit tisanes I’ve had iced over the summer, and am looking for a more affordable option than Teavana. This is the first tisane of seven I am trying.

I used 7tsp of tea to 42oz of water. Brewed it as 7tsp/16oz and added the rest cold to the tea. It’s pretty light in color, a light pink, and smells of strawberry. I think I will need to cut the water down to 21 ounces to make a better flavored tea. I wish I had more of this to experiment with, but alas, I do not. I won’t rate it as I am the one who butchered it.

Iced 7 min, 45 sec

That’s the way to make iced tea! Instead of reducing the water volume, you could increase the steeping time to 10 min next time. I don’t do my fruit tisanes for any less than 10 min in boiling water. But then again I don’t drink them because of personal preference, just to rate them so go right ahead and throw my advice out the window if you wish lol. (Except I was surprised the blood orange you have me was decent hot though!).

Meghann M

The part that was hotbrewed was a really deep crimson color, but I think I added too much water. On the package they suggested 1tsp/8oz water, but I think for iced tea I should half the water…I’ll play around more with the next sampler.

I’m glad the blood orange was tasty hot, I was a bit scared of that tea and never gave it a chance. I don’t know why I was scared of it when I enjoyed Teavana’s wild orange blossom and Taracco Ruby Orange….but I couldn’t bring myself to drink it!

Hmm… I don’t feel the need ever reduce water (or increase leaf if you look at it that way) for iced, but I’ve heard that. I guess I’m just blessed w/ tastes that lets me conserve money:) Haha- based on their sour apple (which I know is just comparing same companies, and not like teas), I know exactly why you were concerned lol.

My recommendation is to never steep anything with Hibiscus longer than 8 minutes (I usually stop at 6) because otherwise you’ll just have HIBISCUS and very little else.