Mélange de Chamonix (TE94)

Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

• “mmm another revisit to my upton samples. Today is a good day. Still freaked out with all the things i have to do for the trip - especially if i don't want my other projects to suffer BUT disney...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4043 tasting notes
  • “For the life of me, I'm blanking out why I bought so much of this. Somewhere, someone must have told me this was the end-all, be-all of chocolate teas. Smells carob-like and fresh out of the...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 941 tasting notes
  • “I decided to try this tea to experience cocoa and cardamon notes in a tea. When the tea was steeping I noted a strong chocolate mint aroma--very pleasant. I was excited for the first sip. I...” Read full tasting note
    bemidjigreen 7 tasting notes

From Upton Tea Imports

Fine India tea is blended with cocoa, cardamom, and a hint of cinnamon to produce a balanced and warming cup. A delicate treat for any chocolate or tea lover.

Ingredients: Black tea, cocoa, cardamom pods, cinnamon, natural flavoring

Steeping Suggestions: – Leaf Quantity: 2¼ g/cup
Water Temp: 212° (boiling)
Steep Time: 3-5 min.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

mmm another revisit to my upton samples. Today is a good day. Still freaked out with all the things i have to do for the trip – especially if i don’t want my other projects to suffer BUT disney announced the other half of their 2014 itineraries AND i finally have my currency in hand. yeah..simple things satisfy me. This tea however? meh. I’m over it lol. It’s not a bad tea but i don’t feel the need to purchase it again or sing it’s praises :) It’s not a bad tea, and i’d drink it again..but i almost feel like it needs to be blended with something to make it really POP!

For the life of me, I’m blanking out why I bought so much of this. Somewhere, someone must have told me this was the end-all, be-all of chocolate teas.

Smells carob-like and fresh out of the bag, but more cocoa-like as it steeps. Sweetened, this is an excellent fix for my love of hot cocoa, even though it’s got zero of the creaminess that cocoa with milk does. It’s more.. thick. A teensy bit of cinnamon in the aftertaste. Mostly lightly flavored, dark cocoa nibs. It’s a strong like, but not a love. I think this would really sparkle with some orange in it, or as Sil said in another tealog, mixed with something else.

JustJames

this is backlogged for me…… i did not get any cocoa. i got lots of spices…… not right for me i don’t think, but i want to give it a final go.

MissB

I have a huge amount. Did I send some to you? The cocoa I get is only when sweetened, and only at the end of the sip – almost like a bitter cocoa, and that’s it. I want there to be more, and I have a feeling it’ll rock when mixed with Cacao Tea… which still hasn’t shipped after ordering on the 26th of November.

JustJames

you did! thank you so much!!

MissB

Funny. I just was wondering if I’d sent it, or if someone else did. :P You’re very most welcome!

I decided to try this tea to experience cocoa and cardamon notes in a tea. When the tea was steeping I noted a strong chocolate mint aroma—very pleasant. I was excited for the first sip. I steeped it for 5 minutes with 212 water as recommended by upton. Upon tasting the tea I noted a slight cocoa flavor and some fruity/cinnamon notes. Nothing especially exciting to me—it reminded me of a christmas chocolate—one of those berry flavored cream filled types that make you wish you weren’t in the company of others so you could spit it out.
The tea loses much with the addition of milk and sugar.
Its not awful, but not worth bothering to order online.