Chung-Hao Special Grade Jasmine ZJ41

Green Tea
Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

• “Jasmine tea has been on my mind for a while now. Specifically Harney's jasmine pearls, but I didn't want to have them this late in my work day since I wouldn't be able to get as many steeps out of...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1851 tasting notes
  • “Initially leery of this tea because it smells like the perfume counter at Macy's - overly floral, overly sweet, overly everything. Fortunately, the flavor isn't nearly as overpowering, though there...” Read full tasting note
    tamarindel 71 tasting notes
  • “This produced a pleasant cup. I didn't really pay it much attention. it was by no means extraordinary, but very smooth, subtle, and gentle. If you stop to think about it, it's a nice enough...” Read full tasting note
    mugger 53 tasting notes

From Upton Tea Imports

Chung-Hao Jasmine belongs to the same series of China Jasmine tea as Yin- Hao, but is less expensive. The leaf style is comparable. Exceptional quality and flavor.

Origin: China

Steeping Suggestions:
Leaf Quantity: 2¼ g/cup
Water Temp: 180º
Steep Time: 2½ min.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

Jasmine tea has been on my mind for a while now. Specifically Harney’s jasmine pearls, but I didn’t want to have them this late in my work day since I wouldn’t be able to get as many steeps out of them as they deserve. So I went for this jasmine to satisfy my craving for the moment. Certainly not as sweet and jasminey as the pearls, but still with a good dose of lovely floral jasmine.

Of course it’s kind of not working because it’s making me want the pearls more, but oh well.

Initially leery of this tea because it smells like the perfume counter at Macy’s – overly floral, overly sweet, overly everything. Fortunately, the flavor isn’t nearly as overpowering, though there is something a bit artificial about it. I think David’s is still my favorite of the jasmine greens I’ve tried.

Flavors: Flowers

sherapop

Jasmine is tricky for me in part for that reason. My body also seems to process it as perfume and sometimes revolts…

Tamarindel

Yes, very tricky. I find jasmine can be headache-inducing, but not always – it depends on the blend. I was fine with the David’s (and even Bigelow’s makes a decent mild jasmine tea) but as I realized sometime after making the post, this tea did bring on a bit of headache, so EVERYBODY BE WARNED.

This produced a pleasant cup. I didn’t really pay it much attention. it was by no means extraordinary, but very smooth, subtle, and gentle. If you stop to think about it, it’s a nice enough green base, with a moderate level of jasmine aroma, but doesn’t leave you much aftertaste. Very easy to finish a cup, but not exactly eye-popping either.