Chung-Hao Special Grade Jasmine ZJ41

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

From Upton Tea Imports

Chung-Hao Jasmine belongs to the same series of China Jasmine tea as Yin- Hao, but is less expensive. The leaf style is comparable. Exceptional quality and flavor.

Origin: China

Steeping Suggestions:
Leaf Quantity: 2¼ g/cup
Water Temp: 180º
Steep Time: 2½ min.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

Jasmine tea has been on my mind for a while now. Specifically Harney’s jasmine pearls, but I didn’t want to have them this late in my work day since I wouldn’t be able to get as many steeps out of them as they deserve. So I went for this jasmine to satisfy my craving for the moment. Certainly not as sweet and jasminey as the pearls, but still with a good dose of lovely floral jasmine.

Of course it’s kind of not working because it’s making me want the pearls more, but oh well.

This makes a very tasty cold brew. The jasmine flavor is very prominent and the green tea base very smooth.

Iced 8 min or more 2 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

Initially leery of this tea because it smells like the perfume counter at Macy’s – overly floral, overly sweet, overly everything. Fortunately, the flavor isn’t nearly as overpowering, though there is something a bit artificial about it. I think David’s is still my favorite of the jasmine greens I’ve tried.

Flavors: Flowers

Jasmine is tricky for me in part for that reason. My body also seems to process it as perfume and sometimes revolts…

Yes, very tricky. I find jasmine can be headache-inducing, but not always – it depends on the blend. I was fine with the David’s (and even Bigelow’s makes a decent mild jasmine tea) but as I realized sometime after making the post, this tea did bring on a bit of headache, so EVERYBODY BE WARNED.

This produced a pleasant cup. I didn’t really pay it much attention. it was by no means extraordinary, but very smooth, subtle, and gentle. If you stop to think about it, it’s a nice enough green base, with a moderate level of jasmine aroma, but doesn’t leave you much aftertaste. Very easy to finish a cup, but not exactly eye-popping either.