New Vithanakande Estate FBOPF Ex. Spl. (TC27)

Edit tea info Last updated by Kitty

• “Yum. Now that I figured out the right quantity and brewing time, this tea is heavenly. A perfect breakfast tea - very rich with nice chocolate flavor. Great with just a touch of honey and a...” Read full tasting note
    Kitty 36 tasting notes
  • “My afternoon staple, but it works just as well in the late morning. I find that steeping at 4 minutes at boiling produces a great pot of tea for afternoon drinking; steeping for 4.5 to 5 minutes...” Read full tasting note
    misternaxal 12 tasting notes

From Upton Tea Imports

A top grade of special Ceylon tea with a tightly rolled, long and pointed leaf. A very special tea with a subtle cocoa aroma and complex flavor notes. Enjoyable plain or with milk.
Water Temp: 212° (boiling)
Steep Time: 4-5 min.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

Yum. Now that I figured out the right quantity and brewing time, this tea is heavenly. A perfect breakfast tea – very rich with nice chocolate flavor. Great with just a touch of honey and a splash of milk.

Of course, after figuring out how to brew it, I have just a tiny amount left! Hummmmm – will I purchase more? I have a few other Ceylons to try first, but maybe!

Doug F

I was thinking about trying this one because I do like Ceylons and think they get ignored in favor of flashier teas. I live only an hour north of Boston so Upton is my primary source (I usually can get my orders the next day!) Thanks for doing the experimentation on this one.

Kitty

Thanks. I really like Upton – they have great selection and customer service. I’m not so sure I like what I think of as that bright Ceylon flavor, but I really liked this tea! FYI – liked your review of the Nepal tea. I’m wondering about the newest one they posted. Never had a tea from Nepal yet.

Doug F

Thanks, I like your tea tastes, so I’ll be interested to see what you’re drinking!

My afternoon staple, but it works just as well in the late morning. I find that steeping at 4 minutes at boiling produces a great pot of tea for afternoon drinking; steeping for 4.5 to 5 minutes produces a pot that stands up well with milk. 4 minutes at boiling brings out the coca aroma nicely. A wonderful, versatile tea.