TD06: Orthodox BOP Darjeeling

Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat

From Upton Tea Imports

Description:
The best value in Darjeeling tea. Broken leaf Darjeeling is often overlooked, either because the price is so reasonable or because too much value is placed on a more stylish leaf. This flavorful BOP blend offers a great cup at a very attractive price.
Origin:
India

Steeping Suggestions: -
Leaf Quantity: 2¼ g/cup
Water Temp: 212° (boiling)
Steep Time: 1½-2 min.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

2/4 of Upton’s basic darjeeling sampler

Well evidently B.O.P. stands for broken orange pekoe and when you look at the leaves they are chopped up very fine and are various colors of brown and light green. This has a very familiar “tea” smell for those of us who grew up with the cheap orange pekoe tea that’s readily available in teabags.

I steeped this for 2 minutes with around 200F degree water, I did not want to go up to boiling. It brews up to be a lovely dark orange color. I am drinking this without milk or sugar and it’s very light and smooth, a bit like an oolong and this stage. I am enjoying the mild flavor with a touch of briskness. Thankfully it is also light on the astringency but you do get a bit of tannin in the finish, it is not bothering me too much. I think this would make a good iced tea also. A good value for the price. I am not sure I’ll need to order more of this particular tea but I will certainly enjoy the little tin I have.

Charles Thomas Draper

Normally, the more letters the better the tea…

TeaBrat

That seems a bit silly…. :-D

Tabby

Lol, Charles.

ScottTeaMan

It’s generally true, but I’ve had a STGFOP Assam that was better than one FTGFOP1. Does anyone here even care about that?! :))

Brisk and flavorful and noticeable peppery notes make up this Darjeeling. Sure it’s astringent but it a good-darjeeling type way!

I got what I expected with this cuppa and I am thankful!

I picked this up as another sample with my Upton order. I must say it sure it yummy even if the BOP stands for Broken Orange Pekoe. This one is mighty smooth and not at all bitter as I have found some Darjeelings to be. In fact it is still mighty tasty even though it has cooled considerably.