Zhang Ping Shui Hsian (ZO-79)

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by sygyzy

1 Tasting Note View all

• “The moment you open the package, you know this is special. All the other teas are packed in foil packs but this tea is in a brick with wrapping that reminds me of a certain kind of Chinese candy....” Read full tasting note
    sygyzy 35 tasting notes

From Upton Tea Imports

This Fujian province tea, while loosely rolled, is tightly packed into mini vacuum-sealed “bricks” to preserve freshness. Infusion reveals bold leaves which were finely plucked and skillfully crafted into an exquisite tea. The color of the liquor is between greenish/honey brown and yellow-gold. The aroma is fresh and strong, with notes of lilac and orchid. Vacuum-packed into 9g. mini bricks.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

1 Tasting Note

The moment you open the package, you know this is special. All the other teas are packed in foil packs but this tea is in a brick with wrapping that reminds me of a certain kind of Chinese candy. Also, the 9g same is a costly $4.80 which is almost five times the cheapest tea you can get on Upton. I unwrapped it and broke it up with my fingers. I put two chunks into my Bodum steel filter and placed it in my mug to brew.

The leaves stay pretty compacted even when brewing. They hardly separated at all. They are also quite large! The liquor is not very intense. It’s clearly an oolong but a very light one. Not at all like you’d get at Sunday dim sum. The color is a light gold and the aroma is slightly caramely. I am tasting tanins mostly on the back of the throat.

For the price, I don’t know if I’d get this again. It’s good but not great.