Goomtee Estate FTGFOP1 Second Flush Darjeeling

Edit tea info Last updated by Doug F

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Every year I look forward to the second flush season with eagerness and trepidation. I've always found it a challenge to find that full-bodied, fruity tea that distinguishes itself from the more...” Read full tasting note
    triumph 102 tasting notes

From Upton Tea Imports

A full-bodied black tea with a delicious flavor and robust character. The cup is complex, with muscatel notes and light woody tones. The enticing aroma has a strong fruity essence.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

1 Tasting Note

Every year I look forward to the second flush season with eagerness and trepidation. I’ve always found it a challenge to find that full-bodied, fruity tea that distinguishes itself from the more flowery, delicate first flushes. I’ve had some luck with Thurbo and Castleton, but in the middle price range I don’t think I’ll do better than this selection from the Goomtee Estate. This is definitely not a shy tea or a late bloomer; from the first sip you’re hit with classic Darjeeling flavor in the old school manner. It can turn a tad bitter if it sits too long, but the tea is so delicious, it usually doesn’t sit around too long!