Pi Lo Chun (Green Snail Spring) (ZG92)

Green Tea
Green Tea Leaves
Edit tea info Last updated by Rumpus Parable

From Upton Tea Imports

The most tender buds are picked under carefully controlled conditions in the spring. One of the most prized of China green teas, only a limited amount of this special grade tea is available.

Steeping Suggestions: -
Leaf Quantity: 2¼ g/cup
Water Temp: 180º
Steep Time: 3-3½ mins.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

Ahhhhh. This is much more in line with what I like in a green tea. Sweet and peachy without a single flavoring or additive. There is a slight vegetal undertone, but it’s very pleasant.

I’m on my second steep now :) Slightly sweeter. Very delightful. It’s funny how tea experiences differ – even within a single tea in a single tin. Although I did what I thought was the same exact thing, this second steep is much sweeter than it was the last time I had this tea. I think that’s one of the reasons I find tea so enjoyable – the unpredictability and the elusiveness. We can try to set the scene just right, but just like life – you never know exactly what is going to happen. Sometimes the same thing is more delightful than at other times. Sometimes you oversteep and it’s forgiving, sometimes a total disaster – cup down the drain. This may make people uncomfortable – I guess they are the soda drinkers, literally and figuratively!

I think I’ll make one more steep :)

~lauren.

Enjoy your tea notes a lot but also, I am enjoying the names of these teas! Green Snail Spring and another person logged China Hairy Crab Oolong!

JacquelineM

Click on the photo of the tea – they look like wee adorable lil snails! So very aptly named :)

JacquelineM

although I don’t think I wanna see a hairy crab tea leaf – ooooh!

Dan

I really like the prices of their samples. Its so easy to try teas.

~lauren.

I’ve not had a chance to try Upton Teas yet – something to look forward to!

~lauren.

OMGoodness, just took a gander at the photo of your tea and YUP, looks like SNAIL! LOL

Quite possibly my favorite green tea to date. I received this Green tea as part of a set from Upton Tea and almost exclusively drink it compared to the others (In regards to Greens). First infusion I’m certain I cooked the leaves with too hot of water revealing a very vegetal/smoky flavor, but it was still delicious. After having some time getting acquainted with this tea I found the flavor to be similar to sweet artichoke leaf dipped in butter with that smoky note!

Tea #33 from Considering a new TTB
I didn’t enjoy this as much as I thought I would, it had a bit of a bite to it. Perhaps my water hadn’t cooled off as much as I thought it had, or maybe it’s just the tea itself. I enjoyed the second steep more, a subtle sweet note came out to play and it didn’t have the bitterness I noticed in the first steep.

I drink this tea every day. Personal favorite.

Resteep for a scant 3.5 min, 180F. What a difference 30 sec makes. No bitterness, a pale liquor and fresh, mild taste. Resolution to get it right on first steep next time. Would like to get a bit more flavor.

One of my personal favorites – very delicate, and slightly sweet. Almost straddles the gap (cup?) between budset white teas and greens. Upton often carries both this version, which is grown in the PRC, and also Taiwanese teas in the same style (which are cheaper, and typically good, if not quite as good by my standards).