Thurbo Estate FTGFOP1 Tippy/Cl First Flush (DJ-16) (TD96)

Indian Black Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Rumpus Parable

From Upton Tea Imports

One of the top 2012 Darjeeling teas. The delicate, sweet cup has a fresh, complex flavor profile, with accents of tropical fruit and spice. A buttery smoothness lingers on the palate. A staff favorite.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

And the darjeeling tasting continues…

woo – this is so good! I don’t know exactly what my water temp is here, but it was well below boiling.

This tea is just like a spring day. It’s very light and flowery. The fruit flavor is a bit like a mango-y pineapple, but it has sweet and almost creamy quality about it. I’m also getting a bit of nuttiness in the finish. This is like, roll your eyes in the back of your head good. Mind-bendingly good, even.

If I didn’t have so many FF darjeeleings already I would certainly consider getting a larger size of this one.

Must. resist. the .urge.

I did resteep this again at 208 F. It is still great at the warmer temperature and has an almost candy like sweetness. It has definitely grabbed my attention, I can tell you!

Scott B

RtR doesn’t seem to want to carry this, so I ordered some from Upton. Can’t wait.
Resistance is futile.

Ha – you’ll be glad you did! I noticed they now have a FF sampler in tins, too.

Scott B

I saw the tinned sample set, but I couldn’t find out how much tea was in the tins,so I just went with individual regular sample foil envelopes.

From what I recall it’s about 1 oz…

Doug F

Upton also thinks this one is special. Luckily I ordered some before it disappears.

Scott B

They must think it’s special-it was the highest price per gram that I noticed.

With all your tasting notes I feel like I should offer yard work for a taste of the teas you’ve brewed! You make them sound really yummy. :D

@Missy – I’m having fun! And most of them have been yummy… :)

Would it be impolite of me to call you a brat ??? (opens up my Upton tab)
I don’t mean it of course : )

@Cheryl – When it comes to tea, I am something of a brat. But you should see my dumpy little apartment and my out of date wardrobe. ;D

And I’m looking for a job (with equally sad wardrobe), yet have my wishlist open. Not to mention I’d break my self imposed moratorium (again, lol). Wishlist tops $200 now. Ummm, closing it for now (phew). This got added tho, hehe. Sounds great!

Amy-is the Thurbo better than the Risheehat? I’m getting so overwhelmed with tea. I mean, I haven’t ordered from TBolt yet, but after tasting the Risheehat….!!

One of the reasons I have been branching out to other co’s for Darj’s, is because I want to experience other teas. Now I feel like the Risheehat has pulled me back to Upton’s. I’m also wanted some Shincha this year and a Gyokuro.

I’m ordering tea MUCH faster than I can drink it, even though I was resolute at the start of 2012, to curtail my orders. It’s not working out quite as I had planned. :-||

Did you order this sample?

Not to mention their Pre-chingming selections look even better than lat years, with a greater variety-& mre $$$! I think I need to just STEP. BACK. AND. AWAY. FROM. THE. COMPUTER! :||

Scott, they are both good, I would be hard pressed to say which one I liked more. I just checked my samples and I think the last one I have yet to try from Upton is the Goomtee. I don’t think I got the Singbulli, if you can believe it. :)

I think I’m gonna order the 2 FF Darj’s from TBolt, and take my chances on uptons samples later…….I always place a Fall order with them.

Also, Shincha & Gyokuro are a MUST for me this year-so I can’t be ordering every sample under the sun this year. I still have a shishload of other tea to drink.

A light Darjeeling, lightly floral, slightly vegetal. Best had without accompaniment.

This is a nice, floral fruity Darjeeling. I don’t think I like it as much as the toasty oaky tasting Darjeelings, but it’s a nice afternoon cup.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML