Season's Pick Assam Hokonguri TGFOP1 (TA05)

Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

• “This literally tastes like spiced cocoa/powder. I don't really think it's as smooth as the product description says it is but I like it being spiced. It has crusty notes to it, too - a lot like...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! 832. Thanks to *Indigobloom* for this one. I found this to be a fairly decent black, but nothing super special. There were some cocoa notes (yum!) and it was smooth and malty, but it's...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “Stellar! Quite enjoyable. Definitely getting the toast reference, though I first interpreted it as soft leather. Since this was my first taste, I sipped both with and without milk. Without, it's...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1294 tasting notes
  • “Smells really fresh in the packet. Robust, yet smooth mouthfeel. I kind of get notes that remind me of whole wheat toast, but there is something else going on I cant quite place. Now that it is...” Read full tasting note
    TheePopulist 153 tasting notes

From Upton Tea Imports

This bold-leaf tea produces a smooth, medium-bodied cup. It is well-balanced, with sweet notes and hints of cocoa and spice. Enjoy any time of day, with or without milk.
Origin:
India

Steeping Suggestions: -
Leaf Quantity: 2¼g/cup
Water Temp: 212° (boiling)
Steep Time: 4-5 min.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

This literally tastes like spiced cocoa/powder.
I don’t really think it’s as smooth as the product description says it is but I like it being spiced. It has crusty notes to it, too – a lot like semi-burnt toast which I also happen to enjoy.

This one is a goodie, too!

Sipdown! 832. Thanks to Indigobloom for this one.

I found this to be a fairly decent black, but nothing super special. There were some cocoa notes (yum!) and it was smooth and malty, but it’s pretty tough for anything to beat Laoshan Black and Premium Taiwanese Assam, so although it was definitely good quality, it’s not a tea I’d pick up myself.

Thomas Edward(Toad)

This one makes good iced tea :)

Since this was my first taste, I sipped both with and without milk. Without, it’s refreshing and earthy with a rather floral and delicately fresh note similar to something I experienced last week in another tea. Only this time it’s much milder. It’s quite lovely.
There is also a slight honey note in there that stands out on odd sips. Not really getting any cocoa like the description says, sadly. I had really hoped for that. Oh well, it’s still great!
With milk, that floral freshness really pops. Now I wish I had more than a sample.

Bonnie

Yummmmmm

Indigobloom

It is yum Bonnie! :)

Smells really fresh in the packet. Robust, yet smooth mouthfeel. I kind of get notes that remind me of whole wheat toast, but there is something else going on I cant quite place. Now that it is cooling down I’m getting some roasted nut like notes as well. Really good for iced tea, would buy it again for this purpose.