Golden Kenya Black Tea GFBOP (TK25)

Apricot, Grapes, Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by KiwiDelight

From Upton Tea Imports

This is a broken-leaf analog to our popular Golden Kenya TGFOP, which is temporarily unavailable. The cup has full flavor and aroma, with medium body. May be enjoyed plain, but it is strong enough to accommodate a touch of milk. Flavor hints of rose and nuances of pepper make this selection especially interesting.
Origin:
Kenya

About Upton Tea Imports View company

This smells like a MEAL. Savory. A smorgasbord of aromas…malty, rice-Y, nutty, sun-dried tomato-esque, lots of interesting contributions.

Then when I sipped…it tastes completely different than it smelled!

First and foremost peppery notes! This is a stronger cuppa! I kind of wish I started my day with this one! It’s a little bitter but in a coffee-type bitter way – nothing I can’t handle. At the end of the sip there is an inkling of something but I can’t quite put my finger on it…MAYBE…a berry of some-sort…perhaps currant…but it’s very VERY subtle.

This is a good one for first thing in the morning or when you need a good kick in the pants!

It’s refreshing to have another one of Upton’s African teas after months of running out of my last. The dry leaf aroma smells unpredictably – and pleasantly – of apricot. The instructions suggest to allow the leaves to steep for 3 minutes, but I’ve found that I enjoy the cup more when I let them steep for only 1. In case of the former, the liquor is rusty gold, clear, medium-bodied, and astringent. It’s also quite malty, but so much that I felt I had to add milk and/or sugar. Following the latter steeping parameters, the liquor is truly golden. The malt is much, much lighter, even barely there. A bright muscatel flavor is able to emerge, and it lingers lightly on the tongue in the aftertaste.

Flavors: Apricot, Grapes, Malt