South African Rooibos (Red Bush) Superior Organic

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by

From Upton Tea Imports

This organic Rooibos has an inviting aroma, with hints of vanilla and citrus. The smooth flavor has notes of spice and caramel. We recommend this tisane for drinking iced, as well as hot.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

A nice rooibos. I don’t think the organic aspect adds or subtracts anything to this one, but it is an enjoyable cup regardless. It’s pretty smooth, for a rooibos, has some nice floral and fruity notes, and is very refreshing. I tried this in the afternoon, brewed it in my two cup pot, and it seemed to give me a non-caffeine related lift. In my experience, a little honey (especially clover honey) complements the flavor of rooibos and this one was no different. Worth drinking.

Boiling 8 min or more

I’m drinking this now and I’m disappointed. The Super Grade was so flavorful I thought this Superior Organic (BA20) would be heaven in a cup. It’s not. In fact, I think my old store brand Red Rooibos tea bags had more flavor than this. This will go in the trash with the tea bags. I’ll stick with the Super Grade (BA14).

Boiling 8 min or more

Not the most flavorful rooibos but still solid.

I like it on its own or sometimes with milk and honey. Also goes well when mixed with other teas although I rarely do that.