Hunan Mao Feng - ZK23

Cocoa, Chocolate, Rose, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by SimplyJenW

From Upton Tea Imports

This Hunan province specialty has a lovely character and bright briskness. The dry leaves and liquor have an enticing aroma, with notes of rose and mahogany. The finish has a lingering note of cocoa, leaving a fullness on the tongue.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

I see that I drank up a 100g packet of this tea without remarking on it. It is a fine grade of daily drinker at the price. The leaf grade is not fancy enough to use for gongfu and maybe it’s not strong enough anyway. But it is a good tea for making with a basket infuser. Cocoa dominates the aroma and it has nice mouthfeel and smooth somewhat sweet taste. A very nice economical red tea.

Flavors: Cocoa

I like this one pretty good, it was nice and strong and bold.
I’m getting a slight sweet fruity note like apricot or peach, some slight woody notes and a hint of floral with a really strong chocolatey note on the end, it leaves a most wonderful aftertaste of cocoa and rose petals.
Very Good Tea, I may need to get some more.
I give an 80 on this one because I really enjoyed it, I will spend more time with this one and may change the rating.

Flavors: Chocolate, Rose, Wood

is it a black tea?

Thomas Edward(Toad)

i posted this question on your post in the group then right after i posted it here too diddent know which one you would reply to

Thomas Edward(Toad)

I said that because seriously it says its a black tea right here in the description also has a photo of it, alls ya had to do was just view it :)

Tea of the morning….

Another sample from my last tea adventure from Upton. Originally, I was not going to take the time to add it to the database, but then I got further into the cup. Rich and complex taste. Deep. Kind of a coffee drinker’s tea. It does remind me quite a bit of Black Dragon Pearl tea. But with a hint of chocolate and roses. Yes, this one might need to make a home in my stash for a while. More data needed!

Usual mug method.

This reminds me that I got 5 or 6 Upton Keemun samples a little while ago and I have yet to try any of them. Maybe for breakfast tomorrow.