Flowery Orange Pekoe

Edit tea info Last updated by Joker

From Upton Tea Imports

A lovey tea, perfect anytime. Has fruity flowery notes to it.

Description:
Characteristic black China tea. Frequently served in Chinese restaurants. Origin: China

Steeping Suggestions: -
Leaf Quantity: 2¼ g/cup
Water Temp: 212º (boiling)
Steep Time: 4-5 min.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

I can’t believe I’m the first to taste this in 3 years here on Steepster with only one other person posting prior! This really IS an enjoyable tea. It has a more muted black tea base but it’s calming and tasty. There are natural lemon and orange type flavors swimming around in my mouth while I sip this. There are fruity aromas and hints on the tongue in addition to the orange and lemon flavors I am picking up, too, but they are more subtle and not as identifiable.

Overall this is tasty, calming, and a weaker tea but it doesn’t lack for overall flavor!

YUM!

I made this tea tonight to accompany a stir fry. Both turned out good.

This tea tastes like, shocker, the tea you get in a Chinese restaurant. It’s light and a little bit lemony and has an especially pleasant aroma. I brewed it generously, both in quantity and time, but it is relatively weak and delicate. I prefer teas that have a chance against coffee in a fight, so this won’t be a favorite, but it does taste as advertised and it pairs well with a nommy westernized Chinese meal.

I tried this as a sample tea, when last I ordered from Upton. Now the sample is almost gone. Time to order in a larger quantity.