Earl Grey Creme Vanilla (TE01)

Bergamot, Black Tea, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Cream, Lemon Zest, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Rumpus Parable
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 10 oz / 295 ml

• “Big mug of this yesterday with breakfast. I finished up 6 out of 8 night shifts (it was murder) and was determined to stay awake a bit and read with some tea before bed. It's been a while since...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 767 tasting notes
  • “This tea confuses my brain. I didn't enjoy the intial sip because there was a weirdly strange aftertaste. However, as I've continued to drink this it's turned into a really nice lemon custard...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4043 tasting notes
  • “Had this when I woke up, with a T. of honey and a T. of the new Coffeemate "Natural Bliss" Vanilla (which is very good btw, but has a wee bit more sugar than I'm comfortable with...will use...” Read full tasting note
    Zweven 136 tasting notes
  • “Dear Steepy: Today I received my Upton Tea order. What joy! What excitement! I have to say, I think the amount of tea I ordered multiplied in the box. I surely couldn't have ordered 18...” Read full tasting note
    telepathboy 185 tasting notes

From Upton Tea Imports

A classic Earl Grey, accented with vanilla and cream flavors. This delightful variant will appeal to most Earl Grey enthusiasts.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

Smells and tastes like an orange creamsicle. Thats all I can really say about this tea. My girlfriend loves it, and it tastes as good as it smells.

If you know anyone who likes orange creamsicles, I would recommend this tea without question.

That is all.

It’s pretty rare in my experience for a vanilla-flavored tea to taste as good as it smells. I’m glad I gave this tea a chance because I’m usually disappointed by vanilla-flavored teas. Maybe it’s the combination with bergamot that makes the vanilla flavor pop out. I got this as part of a sampler pack but I will most likely be ordering a full packet of it!

I really enjoy this tea as a breakfast tea with a bit of sugar. I also take it to class with me in a thermal mug and the vanilla and cream elements really help make it feel like there’s more to the tea to keep me going when the class seems to be dragging on and on without a break. (Many of my classes are 3 hours long and fall over lunch.) It would also be a very relaxing evening cup on a cold night – sweet and rich.

This is a wonderful dessert tea, nice with some sugar cookies or other simple pastry.

Backlog:

A really tasty Earl Grey Creme. The sharp, tangy Bergamot is softened really nicely with the vanilla notes. This is more vanilla than it is bergamot though, I think it would be nicer with a more precise balance between the two flavor components, but as it was, I enjoyed what I tasted.

The black tea has a very smooth and even taste. Not an overly aggressive tea, but not one I’d call weak either. Sweet and creamy, with a nice punch of citrus tang.

A good Earl Grey Creme.

Tamarindel

Hi LiberTEAS, if I may ask, do you remember how much tea you used for a cup? I just tried this tea for the first time, and the instructions were for grams, but all I have are teaspoons, so I am still experimenting and trying to figure out the right measurement for a great cup.

LiberTEAS

Hi! I am one of those types of people that eyeball my tea measurements. I know that this irritates a lot of people (and I’m sorry!) but, I’ve been brewing tea for a lot of years and I used to measure it out using the heaping teaspoon method, but, I’ve gotten to the point where I can eyeball the right amount and more often than not this works for me. I wish I could be more helpful to you!

Tamarindel

No that’s alright, with experience we all start to do things by feel rather by rule. Thank you all the same! I’m glad you like the tea, it makes me feel more confident that with a little trial and error I’ll be able to get the results I want too :)

I love this tea. This is my favorite go-to cuppa. The price probably helps to. at $7.80 for 250g I’m good to go for a month! The company that makes this also does and earl grey chocolate that is also quite delicious.