Keemun Mao Feng Superior (ZK67)

Chinese Keemun Black Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Rumpus Parable

From Upton Tea Imports

This is a new production of this fine Congou from An Hui province. The deep-black leaves produce a liquor with medium body and complex, rich flavor with a hint of nutmeg. The finish is clean, with a smooth sweetness. New lot with bolder leaf.
Origin:
China

About Upton Tea Imports View company

Tea of the morning…..

This one is very good, but it is on its way out of my cupboard. I have quantities of other great black teas, and this one is down to about an ounce. In doing the math, it is about $3.85 per ounce currently. That makes it just a little more than my favorite KMF.

This one is not smokey, though. For those of you who like a black tea low in smoke, this is for you. For me, though, I think I like the complexity that the slight smoke adds. I know there will be another time when I explore the black teas at Upton, but I have to drink some of my 2 or so years worth of black tea in the recesses of my stash first!

Usual teapot method.

The dry leaves have rich aroma; they are longer and more curly than previous Keemuns I have tasted. Less nose than I expected, which was a bit disappointing, but the flavor is very big, with chocolate overtones and lots of complexity. Very smooth and well-integrated. The taste flows smoothly into the long, slightly tannic finish. I really liked this tea.

This is one of my 3 favorites when having Chinese food at home , its also good for just a cuppa tea in the afternoon rest break