Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

• “I have been drinking Cranberry teas for years around Thanksgiving, and of course it is perfect with Turkey Day dinner, and with pumpkin pie. I first purchased Harney & Sons Cranberry Autumn Tea...” Read full tasting note
    ScottTeaMan 101 tasting notes
  • “Heading for the red yucky face, I'm afraid, with this one. Dry leaves have a very strong medicinal aroma--like red cough drops. Found 2 dried cranberries in the sampler tin, so artificial...” Read full tasting note
    PattiM 328 tasting notes
  • “Smells like sweet dried fruit (there are dried cranberries in the tea); smells lovely. Brewed mine for about 5-6 minutes, added milk and sugar, and couldn't taste much cranberry, but could still...” Read full tasting note
    michelleszetela 106 tasting notes

From Upton Tea Imports

Description: A cranberry flavored, whole-leaf black tea decorated with dried cranberry pieces.

Ingredients: black tea, cranberry pieces, artificial flavor

Origin: Germany

Steeping Suggestions:
Leaf Quantity: 2¼ g/cup
Water Temp: 212° (boiling)
Steep Time: 4 min.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

I have been drinking Cranberry teas for years around Thanksgiving, and of course it is perfect with Turkey Day dinner, and with pumpkin pie. I first purchased Harney & Sons Cranberry Autumn Tea several years ago and didn’t like it. I couldn’t taste any Cranberry at all! The next year I ordered Cranberry Tea from Specialteas and loved it. I think Upton Tea uses the same supplier as Specialteas, because it looks and tastes similar, or the same-delicious!

It smells so good upon opening the bag, sweet and fruity, and there are huge dried cranberries in the blend. I just wish there were more Cranberries, but if that were the case, there would be less tea. The wet leaves smell do good ’n fruity. PattiM says it tastes medicinal & artificial, but I disagree completely. The liquer is a solid reddish brown. The cup has a good aroma. I really enjoy the flavors on my palate, with the base tea coming through really well (I think it is a Ceylon).

There is a good fruity taste, with the cranberry tartness coming through. Last year I remember more cranberry tartness. My tea is a couple years old so I think some of the tartness has dissipated. Perhaps a longer steep with boiling water will bring out more tartness. Still, this is a really good cranberry tea with that tart “bite” of cranberries I love. This tea is the best Cranberry tea I’ve tasted yet, with fruitiness mixed in to enhance the flavor. The tea base is smooth yet strong enough to make this a well balanced Cranberry tea. Bring on the turkey-actually, my dad and I are having pheasant-and the pumpkin pie! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! :))

Cupped: Wed, 11-23-2011. Reviewed: Wed, 11-23-2011.

Heading for the red yucky face, I’m afraid, with this one. Dry leaves have a very strong medicinal aroma—like red cough drops. Found 2 dried cranberries in the sampler tin, so artificial flavoring seems to be the culprit. Liquor also has strong off-putting aroma. The liquor itself seems syrupy and has an almost cloying aftertaste. I probably won’t even finish the sampler tin. Most unfortunate.

Smells like sweet dried fruit (there are dried cranberries in the tea); smells lovely. Brewed mine for about 5-6 minutes, added milk and sugar, and couldn’t taste much cranberry, but could still smell what smelled more like general dried fruit (an aroma I like) than cranberry specifically. Very nice and warming.