China Congou Wu-Yi Golden Monkey (ZP80)

Edit tea info Last updated by Jack

From Upton Tea Imports

A venerable style of Panyang Congou, rooted in the eighteenth century. This hand-crafted selection produces an enticing, round cup with a complex flavor profile and full mouth feel, finishing with delicate, chocolate-like nuances. A truly fine selection.

Steeping Suggestions:
Leaf Quantity: 2¼ g/cup
Water Temp: 212° (boiling)
Steep Time: 5 min.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

I was expecting thing one to taste similar to the last one and it did except for a slight mossy note in this one at first the type of thing I would expect from a nice puerh.
It has the aroma of a nice China black tea with slight citrus note.
2nd steep is a little stronger with mossy yet clean flavors with malty on the finish, I do taste the tobacco notes in this one very much like the last one. I think I’ll come back to this one when do don’t want to try and compare it to the last one lol. here is my first video I hope it works :)
This is from my blog here is the link to the post with my first video :)

Happy last-day-of-2009! It took me a couple pots to realize that this actually tastes closer to a keemun than what I’m used to from other golden monkeys. As such, it becomes a late-morning/early-afternoon tea for me. The liquid is bright reddish-orange and I can smell hints of cocoa. It’s really smooth too—I find myself wanting to lick the front of my teeth every time I take a sip.

Upton is 2 for 2 so far and quickly winning me over.

Happy almost New Year to you too!

Mmm, sounds good to me! Happy New Year!

This one is not as good as Adagio’s Golden Monkey. It is smooth. Sort of cocoa like. But does not have the caramel tones I come to to expect from Golden Monkey. But maybe this from a different region in China?

That’s interesting – I wonder if that is where the golden monkey from my local tea shop that I said tastes like a Panyang Congu comes from too!