Huo Shan Yellow Buds

Yellow Tea
Yellow Tea Leaves
Edit tea info Last updated by Rumpus Parable

From Upton Tea Imports

The attractive leaves consist of tender buds and fine leaf sets. The cup is full-flavored, with a delightfully refreshing character. The aroma has a light, peppery note, which translates to a wonderful mouth feel. This was the best yellow tea we cupped this season, and it is highly recommended.

Steeping Suggestions:
Leaf Quantity: 2¼ g.cup
Water Temp: 180°
Steep Time: 3 min.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

I love yellow tea. I love it so much that I bought a designated yixing mug just for when I have yellow tea.

This yellow tea is lovely. Complex. Delicious. Sweet and refreshing. Nice mouthfeel. Nutty character to it. Very pleasant indeed.

TeaEqualsBliss

I hope yellow teas become more popular…and soon! I hope there will be a more readily available selection on many more tea companies websites in the new year!!! :) I would LOVE to try this one!

The needle-like leaves have a wonderful nutty fragrance with slight notes of resin and flowers when submerged in hot water. The liquor produced is pale yellow and has a slightly deeper resin fragrance than the leaves alone.

The taste is rich and complex with notes of butter, nuts, pine, and a few other tastes I cannot describe. A very worthwhile tea with wonderful surprises in the flavor.

Cofftea

I just bought my 1st yellow tea and I’ve been wanting to order from UTI for a while and when I do, I’ll be ordering yellow tea.

Jillian

UTI? LOL, I’m not sure they’d want to be associated with the acronym for Urinary Tract Infections! XD

Cofftea

I was really tempted to say something like “so is a yellow tea from UTI better at getting rid of UTIs than say a black tea from Adagio?” UTI is also a car mechanic’s school.

takgoti

I cannot separate the UTI acronym from its urinary counterpart. The fact that this is a yellow tea makes it all the more unfortunate. This does remind me that I need to order yellow tea from Rishi, though. May need to give this a go as well. Methinks I will be ordering a lot of tea tomorrow.

Yikes, I looked at the label on this sample and apparently I’ve had it since early March!

Well, I’m finally giving it its dues. This is my first yellow tea. I decided to shirk the Breville tonight and make this in my little ForLife tea pot and matching dainty cup because it’s fun and I need to make this study session more exciting.

This is supposed to be brewed for three minutes, but I was really looking forward to several short infusions, so that’s what I’ve done. This is very flavourful on the first infusion with a rather short steeping time, so I don’t think it was a bad choice. Nutty, clean-tasting, and sweet!

First time trying yellow tea. It was sufficiently different from other teas that the sample wasn’t big enough for me to form an entire opinion.