Lapsang Souchong (ZS20)

Pine, Tobacco, Wood
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Kirkoneill1988

From Upton Tea Imports

The smoky flavor of a good Lapsang Souchong is unforgettable. This is an excellent example of this large-leaf variety. Mellow tea which is low in caffeine.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

Similar in taste and style to Upton’s Lapsang Souchong Imperial, though maybe a little less spicy. It’s good, a nice solid Lapsang option.

I bought all of their Lapsang variants as samples so I could compare (fun!!!!!) and I think my favourite is the Lapsang Souchong Black Dragon, not just cause the name is friggin’ awesome but also because it was a more interesting twist on Lapsang. This one is very classic flavouring, feels like just a good quality, nice lapsang. But now that I’ve tried a few of them, I think I prefer a bit of a departure from the “normal” Lapsang taste (which is a crazy flavour anyway!) and a bit more of an innovation on top of it. So I’d vote for the Black Dragon being their most interesting one, though this was certainly great quality.

so I had this tea with my friend at his house using boiled water from a campfire. I also had some chips and hotdogs :D