"Wu Yi" Water Fairy Oolong

Oolong Tea
Mushrooms
Edit tea info Last updated by Ellen

From Upton Tea Imports

While not a true Wu Yi mountain tea, this Fujian province oolong is a flavorful and affordable alternative. The dark, chocolate-brown leaves produce a dusky ecru liquor with a harmonious flavor and a sweet, lingering finish. Some who have enjoyed this selection have observed nuances of honeysuckle, citrus and peach. Grown without the use of chemical pesticides or fertilizers.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

I’ve been enjoying this one today, It has a nice light toasty flavor with woodsy earthy notes and almost fruity sweetness with a sweet vegetal aroma, This is only my second time have had this tea and while it’s not one of my favs (it’s not as bold as I prefer) but still a really good one to drink in the afternoon, I’m glad I got a 50 gram pouch this time. I may one day try this one with a little sweetener but for now it is nice on its own.

Slighty roasted, toasted, charcoally, citrus-like, and minerally and I like it! It’s quite hydrating! Very nice! Pleasant and lingering aftertaste!

Emily M

I have a sample of this on the way! Glad you liked it!

mmm this is a rather tasty tea. There is a fruity taste hidden in the tea that is quite delicious. While it wont be a favourite of mine it is something that i’d be willing to order again.

Another Sil’s Samplebox Sipdown.
This is a very nice lightly roasty oolong. There is an undercurrent of fruitiness, a tongue tingle, & although it’s not a true Wuyi, it does have some of the rockiness to it.
Thanks again, Sil!

Good tea, but its obviously not from Wu Yi =P They should call it something different.

The big dark leaves in the bag are looking pretty enticing. Taste is what I’d expect out of a good oolong: minerally (especially on the second steep), nutty, a little roasty, but it has also got some fresh mixed herb-like notes that differentiate it from some of the other oolongs I’ve tried recently. Easy to drink, no harshness, and a good price last time I checked. I like it.

Very pleased with this one. It’s earthy, with a kind of mushroomy sweetness. I’m having a hard time picking out individual notes, but the overall flavor is robust and comes across as natural and wholesome. So far I’ve steeped it twice and it’s still going strong. As per the instructions, I used a whomping tablespoon, but as the leaves are very large and loose, this wasn’t so much tea after all. This is the third Upton oolong I’ve tried, and my favorite so far.

Flavors: Mushrooms