Random Steepings

Tea
Honey, Lemon Zest, Plants, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

4 Images

• “Yes, I drank tea today. Yes, I am lazy, but I was also busy all day, so in an effort to not post lame reviews about teas I drank hours ago, & have reviewed plenty of times, I am once again going...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2510 tasting notes
  • “pssst....i had a bit of tea today. but it was family time with extended family in town for a day and my parents up for the weekend. more to come tomorrow afternoon once everyone is gone. Miss you...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4046 tasting notes
  • “So Ceylon Star asked what kind of tea to mix up on facebook, and I immediately went into the kitchen and threw this desserty concoction together: 1/2 tsp Bossa Nova (oolong) from Zen Tea 1/2 tsp...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1172 tasting notes
  • “Since I'm in the neighborhood, I stopped by press tea and had the Wild Himalayan Black Tea. Last time I had it with cream and I felt I couldn't properly gauge how the pressed tea compared to a...” Read full tasting note
    fuzzy_peachkin 464 tasting notes

From Various Artists

anything goes!

About Various Artists View company

I am still feeling sick today. Medication and its side effects. I spent about an hour and a half at 3 am examining the contents of my stomach in the toilet. This morning I didn’t want to drink anything, but I threw a couple hunks of fresh ginger into boiling water to help settle that empty sore feeling. It worked alright, but I want that ginger drink mix that they sell at Asian markets instead. All I feel is green :(

Kirlika

:( I hope you feel better soon!

keychange

Oh no. I hope you feel better soon, too. Nights spent in the bathroom are so so awful. :(

caile

Hope you feel better soon!

TheTeaFairy

Oh no, sending tons a good vibes your way, feel better soon!

Tuscanteal

Thank you ladies, I’m hoping I feel better too <3

Made my own genmaicha today and yesterday…

Used a shade grown green tea that my best friend received from a relative in Japan and Yamane-en’s ‘Toasted Mochi Rice & Tokachi Black Soybean’ combination. It was quite amazing.
While my adorable Tae Kwon Do Master bestie kicked the life out of some martial arts pads, I made tea for us both and watched her with pride. We make the best duo. :p

boychik

That’s sound soo good!

I got a bottle of pomegranate lychee green tea at the supermarket today, because I was sad and had a sudden craving for lychee. I think I need to invest in some lychee tea…

We are into 40ºC+ days here and it is far too hot for tea. I’ve switched to gin and tonics and with a stretch of the imagination they are almost like a tea… right? Gin is really just botanicals infused in alcohol and tonic water is the same but with water?

I need to get my iced tea jug going again but if I have to be honest, I much prefer other chilled [read: alcoholic] drinks to iced tea.

Make tea Infused alcohol! :)

TheSurfinSipper

Long Island Iced Tea? (I have to say I prefer a GnT thought) although I did also once have an incredible Earl Grey Martini…

Kiki Libertine

Pomegranate tea daiquiris. But I’ve never been one for the classics.

2 tsp green rooibos, 1.5 tsp blood orange, 0.5 tsp dried spearmint. Mmmm what a lovely experiment. Will definitely repeat.

Flavors: Orange Zest

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Suziqzer

Sounds interesting… Maybe good iced. ?

madametj

True! That’s the next experiment. I mostly drink my teas hot though :P

1 tsp Irish breakfast, 1 tsp English breakfast, solid sprinkle of powdered clove. Steep 3 minutes and top off with a generous splash of V. Sattui Angelica (fortified dessert wine).

I’ve always been a fan of both English and Irish breakfast teas and combined their subtle differences complement one another very well. The Angelica is a nutty wine – fortified with brandy, I think – and the cloves were a last minute addition to attempt to spice it up a bit.

Overall I’m really pleased with this mix. It’s rich and rather dry on the beginning, opens up into some spice and sweetness and finishes with a lingering nutty note from the wine.

I’ll definitely have a go at this one again.

I got this green tea in a swap with Meeka almost a year ago. It was labeled “Virgin Green Tea”. I tried to find the swap thread where she’d listed them, but couldn’t. I believe she said she’d picked it up on a trip to the Nilgiri region. Anyhow, I have waited too long to drink this tea, but it’s still quite good. I’m going to have to drink the other teas she sent. Thank you, Meeka!

Been drinking through a few samples of Asian grocery oolongs courtesy of tunes&tea from ::gulp:: Christmas. Should have brewed these long ago, but was overwhelmed by too much tea, bouts of depression where I didn’t want to drink tea (silly as the ritual of tea helps me) and various cold/flus/infections and travel.

I started off yesterday with one labeled: “Asian grocery oolong, red octagonish can, $5.99- 8oz, similar to Wei Chaun” after some searching it seems Wei Chuan is a brand not a varietal and since this is a greener oolong, I’m guessing it’s similar to a tieguanyin. This was my least favorite of the three, there was something in the smell even after two rinses I wasn’t digging. I’m guessing it was stale, which is my fault for keeping it in a ziplock for 5 months, but I gave it my best shot, 5 infusions a few sips of each but ended out pouring it out. It wasn’t that it was undrinkable, I just didn’t want to waste my time drinking it. I know that probably comes off snobby or ungrateful, let’s try: “too much tea, too little time”.

I rinsed my teaware and moved on to the “traditional Asian grocery Dong Ding” and as soon as the water hit the leaves I could I was going to like it. Most of the first infusion went into an offering cup, because it smelled heavenly but I figured I should still treat it as a rinse (good tea goes in offering cups, blah tea goes down the drain and I brew more than one offering cup can hold) still I took a sip. Yes very nice roasted Dong Ding. I enjoyed several infusions before making cous-cous for dinner. Had to take the tea into the other room as the kitchen was becoming saturated with cumin and curry. Have plenty of leaf for a least two more sessions.

The third I have just started on this afternoon. It’s labeled “Ti Kuan Yin, asian grocery- good though” and it is! Very good indeed. It’s a darker roasted tieguanyin and these are always a rare treat for me! Going to savor this one. I’m eager to try the “Asian grocery Pouchong” as well, but that will probably be for another day, or perhaps this evening. Thank you “tunes&tea” sorry it’s taken me so long to get to some of these.

Also wanted to mention here that my dad has recovered very well, he was given the go ahead to drive by the doctor two days ago (I had a dream the night before that he had my nephews on his lap in the drivers seat and was accidentally squishing my sister into the side of the garage when I volunteered to drive and had to go with him on the road for business for the next three months, very strange) and I have gotten over my flu and have been cleaning. These teas are a bit of a reward for a clean kitchen ;)

Realized I haven’t written about my past few teas >.> Bad me.

Anyway, tonight I brewed up a blend I’m super happy with.
1 teaspoon (plus dried orange slice) of Winter Spice by Fava Tea
0.5 teaspoon (plus an extra clove) of Aries by Adagio
8 oz of water, 4 minutes.

I can’t tell you the exact temperature of the water as I had to put it in the microwave on beverage mode (cries) as our electric kettle 2.0 seems down for the count.

Anyway, this tea is absolutely delightful, delicious and soothing – something I really needed tonight. Rating somewhere in the 90s (it’s been a rough day so I don’t feel like particulars) and would definitely recommend.

this one’s rather simple but delicious: Celestial Seasonings Honey Vanilla Chamomile mixed with their Sweet Apple Chamomile.

the Honey Vanilla has been a favorite of mine for years & i wholeheartedly love it’s wheatish-apple honey sweetness. it has a heady vanilla note: the kind that billows over your head in a cloud.

the Sweet Apple Chamomile is similar, although with no vanilla. it has a nice fresh apple-y taste, as advertised.

when u mix the two, you get a warm honey apple chamomile flavor with a rich golden liquor. simple yet dreamy.