Random Steepings

Tea
Apricot, Muscatel, Sweet, Dried Fruit, Pepper, Raisins, Vegetal, Nuts, Smoke, Dust, Earth, Herbaceous, Taro Root, Brandy, Caramel, Floral, Honey, Smooth, Hay, Creamy, Seaweed, Sugar, Grass, Powdered sugar, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Malt, Almond, Citrus, Cookie, Nutty, Roasted, Tobacco, Cucumber, Pumpkin, Baked Bread, Grapes, Peppermint, Wet Wood, Camphor, Apple, Autumn Leaf Pile, Flowers, Custard, Nutmeg, Vanilla, Jam, Astringent, Blueberry, Chestnut, Fruity, Mango, Tart, Jasmine, Plums, Yams, Rose, Butter, Pastries, Salt, Ginger, Wood, Coffee, Cream, Orange, Dark Chocolate, Tea, Pine, Spicy, Stonefruits, Hazelnut, Burnt Sugar, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Plants, Asparagus, Mineral, Potato, Artificial, Candy, Orange Zest, Dark Bittersweet, Cherry Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by bellmont

5 Images

From Various Artists

anything goes!

About Various Artists View company

Norbu Hong Mao Feng black tea w/roasted mate. 3:2. It’s not bad.

Happy Holidays with Lots of TEA!!!

boychik

Happy Holidays to you too !

Thanks!! :)

mrmopar

You as well!

Thanks!!

Stephanie

Have a good one!

MzPriss

Happy holidays to you too

Thanks everybody!!

drinking a mix of david’s teas mother’s little helper with sweet dreams with some rooibos in there for good measure.

almost what i need it to be. SO CLOSE. i think it’s missing licorice root.

First time I’ve used this random steepings tag! This was a sipdown of an unidentified teabag sample I received from Mina in the Hapatite tea swap. It was labelled ‘black tea with fruits and spice’ and is in a little round, organic-looking (?) teabag. Other than that I have no info. I can’t say that I mind – I definitely wouldn’t be picking any more up! The scent is very cinnamon-y, and the main note is also overwhelming cinnamon. I think this has stevia in, as it’s very sweet with no additives, and there’s a lingering back note of orange. It is so so cloying and sweet, and almost undrinkable. Blech. Sorry Mina!

I would rate this tea around a 16.

GCTTB

I was working in the garden yesterday, cleaning it up, and planted a couple of things even though it’s a bit too early to do that. It was really hot yesterday, so I’m really glad that I had a cold brew going on.

In the box was hibiscus from Sadaf (I couldn’t find this in the database and didn’t feel like putting it in). I’m not generally a fan of overly tart food and beverage items, so I surprised myself by cold brewing this up. With lots of rock sugar. And you know what? It was very tasty and refreshing after all that gardening. Another surprise tea that I will probably pick up.

Jillian

I think that one’s mine from the previous round. It was originally given to me by an Iranian friend who didn’t realize that I HATE hibiscus. So I’m glad someone out there is enjoying it. :)

scribbles

Haha – I admit, I did have to add quite a bit of rock sugar. If I knew it went around a couple of times, I would have taken it all. Oh well. Maybe next time.

Since it is unlikely that my tea of choice tonight will be purchased again any time soon and I am unsure that anyone on Steepster would also have it in their stash. I am including this under this “Random Steepings” entry.

Tonight I am drinking “Honeybush & Rooibos” by the South African Collection. This was picked up on my way out of Swaziland, via the stop Johannesburg airport. Not much to say about it. I like to add honey to this one to sweeten it up a bit. I haven’t had this in quite some time. It is a nice reminder that simple can be just as enjoyable.

Today was such a completely awful day. I knew I needed something extra special to comfort me. So, I decided to mix a portion of my Premium Taiwanese Assam with Whispering Pine’s Imperial Gold Bud Dian Hong and add some pure ground vanilla. This hit the spot perfectly. It was sweet, creamy, malty, chocolatey, caramely and vanillay goodness. This cup did not make it long since I couldn’t stop drinking it. I’m crossing my fingers that the rest of the day is just a bit better.

Fjellrev

Aww no, I hope tomorrow will be better for you. :(

Butiki Teas

Thank you, Fjellrev! :) For now, I’ll just be hiding out.

Amariel

Oh no! Sorry to hear you had an awful day, but here’s hoping that tea was the start of an amazing come back day of you. Sounds like a lovely tea, and could make anyone’s bad day turn around. :)

yyz

Hope the day improves and that tomorrow is completely the opposite.

Butiki Teas

Thank you yyz & Amariel!! :)

Continuing in the Butiki Educational TeaTeaBee
I tried the Kenya Green #1 at work, but I don’t remember everything about it because I was drinking it during a meeting! Medium vegetal body with some smoky/nutty flavors. Definitely a nice tea :)
71/100

Flavors: Nuts, Smoke, Vegetal

TheLastDodo

Heh. That’s how I picture TTB in my head when I say it :P

Stephanie

tea tea bee hee!

Just some random ramblings and updates. I’m super sorry that I haven’t been on here for a while. Been super busy with school and semester exams. Then on Tuesday, I had a tonsillectomy and a sinus surgery, so I’m sort of not drinking tea right now. I’ll be awol for several more weeks.

TeaNTees

Rest up! :)

I went for an early spring hike today! It felt so good to re-charge and to reconnect with the beauty of nature. I’m sorry (not sorry) to sound cheesy, but I was feeling all crusted and stale from the drain of city life. I need to do some earthing to connect myself to the big blue planet around me. Just hearing the absence of sound for a couple of hours made me feel so much better. Nothing but the wind through the trees. No cars, no airplanes, no people. A rare bird song every now and again, but mostly silence and the sound of my feet. It was still a little snowy here and there, but nothing too bad that the trail became too slushy. I was pretty lucky to make it back to my car before it began snowing. ahh, pure bliss.
So the tea that I brought with me was my homemade version of Celestial Seasoning’s Morning Thunder. I used to love that stuff. It was ideal for my hike today. It was smoky, and robust, and really seriously warming.
I used:
.5g of Tippy’s Lumberjack + 3g Capital Tea LTD’s Meleng Estate Assam + 2g Roasted Yerba Mate. I threw in a couple of cinnamon chips as well. It turned out to be pretty much perfect.

200 °F / 93 °C 4 min, 0 sec 5 g 16 OZ / 473 ML
leaf in hot water

sounds so good!

Liquid Proust

I have also found roasted/pan fried teas mix quite well with black teas

TheLastDodo

I would go sans Lumberjack next time, and perhaps use a Ceylon with deeper honey notes or a keemun. It was a great trial run though!