Random Steepings

Tea
Apricot, Muscatel, Sweet, Dried Fruit, Pepper, Raisins, Vegetal, Dust, Earth, Herbaceous, Taro Root, Brandy, Caramel, Floral, Honey, Smooth, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Malt, Almond, Citrus, Cookie, Nutty, Roasted, Tobacco, Cucumber, Nuts, Pumpkin, Baked Bread, Grapes, Peppermint, Wet Wood, Camphor, Apple, Autumn Leaf Pile, Flowers, Creamy, Custard, Nutmeg, Vanilla, Grass, Jam, Astringent, Blueberry, Chestnut, Fruity, Mango, Tart, Jasmine, Plums, Yams, Rose, Butter, Pastries, Salt, Ginger, Hay, Wood, Coffee, Cream, Orange, Dark Chocolate, Tea, Pine, Spicy, Stonefruits, Hazelnut, Smoke, Burnt Sugar, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Plants, Asparagus, Mineral, Potato, Artificial, Candy, Orange Zest, Dark Bittersweet, Cherry Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by bellmont

5 Images

From Various Artists

anything goes!

About Various Artists View company

Norbu Hong Mao Feng black tea w/roasted mate. 3:2. It’s not bad.

Happy Holidays with Lots of TEA!!!

boychik

Happy Holidays to you too !

Thanks!! :)

mrmopar

You as well!

Thanks!!

Stephanie

Have a good one!

MzPriss

Happy holidays to you too

Thanks everybody!!

drinking a mix of david’s teas mother’s little helper with sweet dreams with some rooibos in there for good measure.

almost what i need it to be. SO CLOSE. i think it’s missing licorice root.

Butiki Educational TTB
I didn’t know where to start, so I opened up the oolong bag, since I enjoy a lot of oolongs. I just kinda looked through them for one that looked interesting and came across the Bihar Oolong from India. It smelled great – kind of a muscatel, sweet/fruity smell – so I figured I couldn’t go wrong.

I brewed this for 2.5 minutes at 195. The resulting brew has an interesting smell, but I thought it tasted completely different than the smell. The taste is nice and sweet with a grape/apricot flavor. Very nice tea and I enjoyed multiple steeps!

78/100

Flavors: Apricot, Muscatel, Sweet

Just some random ramblings and updates. I’m super sorry that I haven’t been on here for a while. Been super busy with school and semester exams. Then on Tuesday, I had a tonsillectomy and a sinus surgery, so I’m sort of not drinking tea right now. I’ll be awol for several more weeks.

TeaNTees

Rest up! :)

I went for an early spring hike today! It felt so good to re-charge and to reconnect with the beauty of nature. I’m sorry (not sorry) to sound cheesy, but I was feeling all crusted and stale from the drain of city life. I need to do some earthing to connect myself to the big blue planet around me. Just hearing the absence of sound for a couple of hours made me feel so much better. Nothing but the wind through the trees. No cars, no airplanes, no people. A rare bird song every now and again, but mostly silence and the sound of my feet. It was still a little snowy here and there, but nothing too bad that the trail became too slushy. I was pretty lucky to make it back to my car before it began snowing. ahh, pure bliss.
So the tea that I brought with me was my homemade version of Celestial Seasoning’s Morning Thunder. I used to love that stuff. It was ideal for my hike today. It was smoky, and robust, and really seriously warming.
I used:
.5g of Tippy’s Lumberjack + 3g Capital Tea LTD’s Meleng Estate Assam + 2g Roasted Yerba Mate. I threw in a couple of cinnamon chips as well. It turned out to be pretty much perfect.

200 °F / 93 °C 4 min, 0 sec 5 g 16 OZ / 473 ML
leaf in hot water

sounds so good!

Liquid Proust

I have also found roasted/pan fried teas mix quite well with black teas

TheLastDodo

I would go sans Lumberjack next time, and perhaps use a Ceylon with deeper honey notes or a keemun. It was a great trial run though!

Empty Stomach + Matcha + Young Sheng = Party time

Forgot to mention I started the day with matcha empty stomach followed my young sheng…. needless to say I felt like puking. When I say felt like puking I don’t mean “oh em gee that girls instagram is gross, puke” I mean you are 6-7 shots deep on cheap plastic handle vodka and your friends say one more ! with results in your mouth uncontrollable mouth watering to lubricate the reverse of traffic out of your esophagus tandem with the involuntary crunches like an impromptu 6 min abs video.

Now Im sure many of you are saying duh empty stomach matcha alone should equal you on your knees praying to the porcelain gods but I was always the Macho man, back to back young raw bulang on empty stomach and low fat diet, routinely start my day off with matcha if I needed to be up and alert for extended hours, etc. But my limit seems to be the masochistic combination of empty+ matcha+ young sheng

Apologizes if any of this is lowbrow but it is more for my reference than anything and if I could make some of these private I would

TheLastDodo

This review had me laughing so hard I choked on my tea! I enjoy anecdotes on tea notes, it keeps things interesting.

Jiāng Luo

thanks glad to hear I didn’t offend anyone Ive been holding this stuff back but matcha removes much of my social filters and inhibitions

My host family in Tokyo took me to pancake house here that is known for its artisan coffee… but I don’t drink coffee so I ordered a Darjeeling. You read that right, a Darjeeling in Japan… I have no understanding of why this location had no green teas of any sort but I rolled with it. It was morning so a black tea was nice. This tea was strong and bitter, woke me right up. I just don’t like black teas in general but this Darjeeling was brewed quite nicely and I was impressed at its smoothness.

yyz

In some ways it doesn’t surprise me. Whenever I try to look up info on the Lopchu tea estate it always redirects me to a chain of tea shops in Japan :-)

I bought a four pack of random blooming teas online. Today I decided to bust one out for Easter. The sad part is they don’t tell you what the tea is. Its completely unlabeled. I popped a random ball into my glassware and brewed. This one was beautiful. It was silver needle, amaranth, and some yellow flower strands. Sadly, I realized I need a larger glass tea pot. This blooming tea wasn’t able to fully bloom, so I will need to get one with a larger capacity. The flavor was incredibly smooth and almost brandy tasting. The floral tone became sweet and slightly menthol. The aroma was amazing. My tea room was filled with a honey caramel scent. I really enjoyed this, but I will wait until I get a larger teapot to brew more. This tea session definitely made up for this morning.

Flavors: Brandy, Caramel, Floral, Honey, Smooth

so pretty!

Nicole

Pretty! And what a good photo.

Haveteawilltravel

Thank you Sil and Nicole :) It would look a lot better if only my tea pot was just a tad bit bigger.

This tea is from Lulu, a generous random sample that was sent out for what seems to be an upstart online business. It is a sun moon lake black tea from taiwan.

The leaves are LONG, thin, and spindly, and of course, black. They smell like honey, with a hint of straw. Quite nice, but this is def a tea that you would want to measure by weight, not by a tsp, just because of how difficult it is to get them in the spoon.

Not having any type of food scale, i just guessed about how much i should use, about 3 quite empty tsp lol, and 10 oz of water at 190 for 4 min.

the liquor was a nice, dark red with a brown tinge. It tasted quite light, possibly due to me not using enough leaf, possibly because thats just how the tea is. either way, it was still nice. It had the nice malty flavor of a black, with faint hints of chocolate. i have heard mentioned that this type of tea has a kind of cinnamon taste, and while it diddnt come though for me, there was SOMETHING there, almost spicy like, but not really. so in hindsight, i might not have used enough leaf. But this tea was still quite nice.

Over all, to me, this tea reminded me alot of golden monkey, only maybe replacing golden monkeys straw like flavor with a hint of spice. Im quite pleased with this tea, but i think i prefer golden monkey slightly more.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Malt