He Family 1st Picking Flat Hand Pressed Laoshan Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Dinosara

From Verdant Tea (Special)

Verdant Reserve Club – June

About Verdant Tea (Special) View company

Wow, I was bad about logging teas yesterday. Anyway, I drank this one, sipdown, 118.

As I have mentioned before, this one is a really lovely dragonwell-style green tea. Very buttery, sweet, nutty, and some interesting vegetal notes that are far from a generic green tea. Very very enjoyable.

Please keep things friendly and .

I used my new test tube steeper for this one. Works really well!
The dry leaf is beautiful with the pressed small leaves.
I did 8 short steepings using 175 degree water. Definitely deep vegetal taste throughout my steepings. They went from a tender baby spinach to lightly blanched asparagus and then peppery arugula. Middle steepings became astringent, but not strikingly so.
I really enjoyed this tea! Tomorrow I am going to try the regular He family 1st Laoshan green.

Please keep things friendly and .

I can’t believe I still have all of the green teas sent out last spring from the verdant TOMC & reserve TOMC. This is one of them. I enjoy them, but I tend to drink other teas instead. One of my goals for April is to drink green or white tea each day, so that I can start working my way through these.

This one is tasty. The leaves are pressed flat, resembling dragonwell in their appearance. The flavor is rich & thick (I’m on the 3rd steep), kind of nutty, & of course, green! I know that’s a lame & generic description, but I’m trying to get some work done around here, hahaha

Same here, I have a bunch of Bi Luo Chun staring at me every time I open the cupboard.

Terri HarpLady

This month I’m going to drink a green or white every day, until they are gone! I need to let go of last spring, to make room for this one! :)

Please keep things friendly and .

This tasting note is for the first infusion, Western style, of this tea. Sweetened slightly, don’t hurt me. It tastes slightly beany, as I’ve noticed that Laoshan green teas do, but less than I expected. It still tastes very vegetal but less bean and more other vegetables. I taste some of the milder ‘greens’ but mostly it’s all muddled up.

In other news I am SO BORED. I signed up for a class on aeroelasticity on my Saturday (off-hours) and we spent 2 hours going over linear algebra, which was a complete waste of my time. Using Excel of all things. Awful. I used my lunch break to go over to my own building, which is conveniently within walking distance, and made myself a cup of this tea and carried it back with me. So it looks a little weird because I’m the only one in the whole room with a mug.

Go go gadget airplane flutter.

Please keep things friendly and .

I don’t know if I’m drinking the 1st picking version of this, but I can’t find any other flat pressed Loashan green on here. I liked this, but didn’t love it. Glad to have tried this!

Please keep things friendly and .

Hot brewed first time. Lukewarm brew the second. Didn’t mean to be but wasn’t thinking before I poured the water over the leaves. I blame it on the slight cold I am fighting. Regardless both steeps have been good. Grassy. Slight hay. A bit of seaweed but really not enough to give note below.

10/20/14 gong fu 100ml gaiwan/sub 200F water

I did not measure the tea, so maybe 3g? This tea is delicious! Lovely light edamame creamy greenness. Pale gold liquor, and a wonderful toasted rice aroma.

Please keep things friendly and .

Breaking into my sample of this, this afternoon. It’s gloomy and wet outside, and I’m fighting what is apparently my now-traditional late-summer head cold. Hurrah! To celebrate such a wonderful confirmation, I give myself this tea. I’m not usually one for the vegetal, grassy taste of green teas, but every now and then, something this bright and light finds its way to my cupboard, and I can’t help but like it.

Opening the bag, I’m hit with the memory of rice crackers. Specifically, the seasoned sesame-and-seaweed kinds we get at the Asian grocery stores. I grew up snacking on those, and here, the leaf is like finding those crackers in liquid form. Brewed up, it tastes most like creamy green beans, but the rice cracker taste holds strong at the finish. I imagine this would make an excellent iced tea?

(Sipdown, 152)
I think this was a free sample with my last order as I generally don’t order anything other than black teas. It’s tasty though! Buttery and light and very vegetal. It seems like a poor choice for 9 at night – maybe it’d be better in the morning or afternoon. Or at least some time when the sun is up?

Oh, and the spinach notes linger long afterwards…

how is it already 9pm…i haven’t done anything productive tonight except mildly look into a hawaii trip…since work is going to kill me for a few months

Please keep things friendly and .

A light and refreshing tea. Sweet and creamy with the faintest hint of something like asparagus.
So enjoyable!

This was a sample sent in my last order from Verdant – the package doesn’t say first picking though.

love this one