He Family 1st Picking Flat Hand Pressed Laoshan Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Dinosara

• “Wow, I was bad about logging teas yesterday. Anyway, I drank this one, sipdown, 118. As I have mentioned before, this one is a really lovely dragonwell-style green tea. Very buttery, sweet,...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1938 tasting notes
  • “I used my new test tube steeper for this one. Works really well! The dry leaf is beautiful with the pressed small leaves. I did 8 short steepings using 175 degree water. Definitely deep vegetal...” Read full tasting note
    chelleswelly 33 tasting notes
  • “I can't believe I still have all of the green teas sent out last spring from the verdant TOMC & reserve TOMC. This is one of them. I enjoy them, but I tend to drink other teas instead. One of my...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2913 tasting notes
  • “This tasting note is for the first infusion, Western style, of this tea. Sweetened slightly, don't hurt me. It tastes slightly beany, as I've noticed that Laoshan green teas do, but less than I...” Read full tasting note
    Starfevre 511 tasting notes

From Verdant Tea (Special)

Verdant Reserve Club – June

About Verdant Tea (Special) View company

1938 tasting notes

As I have mentioned before, this one is a really lovely dragonwell-style green tea. Very buttery, sweet, nutty, and some interesting vegetal notes that are far from a generic green tea. Very very enjoyable.

I used my new test tube steeper for this one. Works really well!
The dry leaf is beautiful with the pressed small leaves.
I did 8 short steepings using 175 degree water. Definitely deep vegetal taste throughout my steepings. They went from a tender baby spinach to lightly blanched asparagus and then peppery arugula. Middle steepings became astringent, but not strikingly so.
I really enjoyed this tea! Tomorrow I am going to try the regular He family 1st Laoshan green.

I can’t believe I still have all of the green teas sent out last spring from the verdant TOMC & reserve TOMC. This is one of them. I enjoy them, but I tend to drink other teas instead. One of my goals for April is to drink green or white tea each day, so that I can start working my way through these.

This one is tasty. The leaves are pressed flat, resembling dragonwell in their appearance. The flavor is rich & thick (I’m on the 3rd steep), kind of nutty, & of course, green! I know that’s a lame & generic description, but I’m trying to get some work done around here, hahaha

BigDaddy

Same here, I have a bunch of Bi Luo Chun staring at me every time I open the cupboard.

Terri HarpLady

This month I’m going to drink a green or white every day, until they are gone! I need to let go of last spring, to make room for this one! :)

This tasting note is for the first infusion, Western style, of this tea. Sweetened slightly, don’t hurt me. It tastes slightly beany, as I’ve noticed that Laoshan green teas do, but less than I expected. It still tastes very vegetal but less bean and more other vegetables. I taste some of the milder ‘greens’ but mostly it’s all muddled up.

In other news I am SO BORED. I signed up for a class on aeroelasticity on my Saturday (off-hours) and we spent 2 hours going over linear algebra, which was a complete waste of my time. Using Excel of all things. Awful. I used my lunch break to go over to my own building, which is conveniently within walking distance, and made myself a cup of this tea and carried it back with me. So it looks a little weird because I’m the only one in the whole room with a mug.

Go go gadget airplane flutter.

(Sipdown, 152)
I think this was a free sample with my last order as I generally don’t order anything other than black teas. It’s tasty though! Buttery and light and very vegetal. It seems like a poor choice for 9 at night – maybe it’d be better in the morning or afternoon. Or at least some time when the sun is up?

Oh, and the spinach notes linger long afterwards…

how is it already 9pm…i haven’t done anything productive tonight except mildly look into a hawaii trip…since work is going to kill me for a few months

A light and refreshing tea. Sweet and creamy with the faintest hint of something like asparagus.
So enjoyable!

This was a sample sent in my last order from Verdant – the package doesn’t say first picking though.

Stephanie

love this one

I’m SOOO happy TerriHarplady sent me some of this in my box! Thank you Terri! :D

My absolute favorite green teas of all time are from the He family in Laoshan. I’ve never had the honor of trying some of their more special offerings like this one. It does not disappoint! Buttery, creamy, and vegetal like all good Laoshan greens but with a hint of roastiness/nuttiness and a bright freshness about it. Very very good nom nom nom!

I guess I should consider joining Verdant’s TOTM club, but honestly $30 a month is more than my ENTIRE tea budget and there are other things from other sellers I want sometimes, you know? I’m sure I would love it though :)

Terri HarpLady

You sure you don’t want some of the Bilochun or Summer green? It’s not too late! I could pop them in the mail…

Stephanie

I have a package of summer green already, and I just finished a bilochun! Unless they are first pickings or otherwise fancy? You are awesome though thanks!

Terri HarpLady

no…lol…they are from last summer…I need to drink them…