Haixintang Banzhang Mountain 2007 Stone Pressed Sheng

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Dinosara

From Verdant Tea (Special)

Verdant Reserve Club – August

About Verdant Tea (Special) View company

This afternoon I spent a couple hours in the recording studio with a couple of local Rappers, adding Harp tracks to a song called Angels.
I was nicely paid, I think the final product is gonna sound really cool, & they were really nice guys! I made them promise me that if/when they make a music video, I get to be in it, playing my harp dressed up like an angel. Turns out the owner of the studio was the engineer for my very first recording, which added a little nostalgia to the afternoon.

I came home & started enjoying cup after cup of this Sheng, which was the last of the TOMC Reserve teas this month.
What does it say about us Sheng lovers that we like teas that smell a little bit like a horse’s breath? LOL, sorry, I just had to say that!

The aroma of the dry leaf is heady, like incense or sweetgrass, a very rich & somewhat smokey vibe. This steeps into beautiful cup after cup of caramel colored tastiness. Initially it is a very pure lightly floral taste, but it gradually develops into an almost creamy sensation with a nuttiness that has me thinking Hazelnut Butter. It’s also very smooth & sweet, sweet like a spring rain. Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking. I still have more steepings to go, but I’ve probably reached my threshold for the night. I may take it back up tomorrow, doing a rinse first to reheat the leaves, & then see where it takes me.
Then again….maybe one more round…

Amariel

Oh wooow. Hazelnut butter….yum!

Sipdown, 125. Another sheng! Getting a bit younger. I am going through a number of gongfu steeps with these, trying each.

This was remarkably smooth. Definitely smoother than I thought it would be. It’s hard for me to say what it tastes like other than sheng; it’s leafy, it’s a bit woody. It’s not piney, and I think it has a hint of autumn leaves to it. I found the previous sheng a bit more interesting, but of course to me, as a non-puerh drinker, I’m not overly fond of either. Next!