Herbal Tea
Carob, Cinnamon, Coriander, Dandelion, Elderberry, Ginger, Minnesota Wild Rice, Orange Peel, Organic Vanilla Beans, Vanilla Extract
Cocoa, Honey, Vanilla
Decaffeinated
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

• “I keep forgetting this is a herbal and that's half of why i picked up 4oz of this...because i love it and it's missing the tea! :) I had a giant mug of this to make up for neglecting it while...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4011 tasting notes
  • “Woah!!! I put off trying this cause the smell was bit intense for me, but I love it. The cinnamon and the rice are soooooo good together. Really happy with this tea. Like cinnamon rice crispy...” Read full tasting note
    TastyBrew 357 tasting notes
  • “Wow, how delicious is this? Carob-y spice and sweetness - hard for me to put into words. I can see why this is called Campfire Blend, and it's quite appropriate. I will definitely be buying more of...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 929 tasting notes
  • “Finally getting around to tasting this one from last month. I should be able to finish it off in two more sittings with the given leaf to water ratio in the instructions, so that's a plus when it...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1846 tasting notes

From Verdant Tea (Special)

Autumn is a great time to get together and tell stories around a fire. We wanted a “storytelling” tea that kept the hands warm and the evening flowing without having to worry about caffeine. Entirely herbal and caffeine-free, this blend is great for the evenings.

Usually citrus, vanilla and spice pair perfectly with a Yunnan black tea, but we used a combination of carob and toasted Minnesota wild rice as the dark and hearty base. The citrus and sweet flavors of orange and vanilla linger on the palate -warm and comforting.

About Verdant Tea (Special) View company

This one came from Darby in the second round of the secret pumpkin swap.

On first smell of the dried tea, this one really reminds me of toffee. I had expected it to be more of a smokey tea due to the name.

After brewing there is a soup broth type smell to me. This one again tastes strange to me. Not bad, but not flavours I would normally mix together. I am getting sweet elderberry mixed with the coriander and ginger. It is really reminding me of a soup broth but will a bit too much sweetness to it. The other thing it reminds me of is warm orange juice. I feel like I am getting a “burnt” flavour as well. Kind of like a burnt marshmallows (?).

Not sure I like this one. Not a bad blend but just not to my taste.

I decided to try this one out this evening, because it is caffeine free, spicy and warming, and new and shiny. This one is from OMGsrsly I think.

I was not sure what to make of the smell when I opened the bag, as there was something that gave a vague hint of a licorice like smell. Is it the orange peel or the coriander or a combination of the two? I dunno.

That taste does come out in the steeped liquor also, though, just as in the dry smell, it was not too offensive in the way I find licorice to be.

Now do I like this tea, that all being said?

I’m not sure. I like it enough not to dump it. I like it enough I’ll probably have more from my sample. But I am not likely to order on my own, and I may give away some or all of this. I think it is one I have to be in the right mood for, so I feel like I will get another cup or two from, but it is not my favourite.

OMGsrsly

That’s pretty much how I felt about it. :)

PS. Nice name. :)

Amariel

Thanks, you like?

OMGsrsly

Yes. :) I don’t want to change my name… Maybe I’ll change my icon in solidarity instead!

Fjellrev

I approve of the name change too! You picked a good one.

..i want to be, part of their world….

(that’s where my brain went…not that i don’t like the name change)

Right before my Social Security check comes every month (tomorrow for me) I’m out of almost everything except tea!

So yesterday, with a couple of eggs and some flour I made noodles for the first time in my life. The results were a bit iffy, but I did manage to make some pretty good broad noodles!
I had two tilapia waiting in the frig.
With those two fish, I created a delicious Thai coconut curry, enough for two dinners, then added my homemade noodles at the end to bathe in the savory broth. It tasted so good! I love making my own from-scratch curry!
The last of the apples were roasted with almonds, cranberries, cinnamon, spiced apple balsamic and a little brown sugar for today and tomorrow’s breakfasts.

I’ve learned over time that I can live very well without much money.

Celebrating life costs me nothing.
It’s Faith, Family, Friends, and lots of tea that warms my heart and makes me happy…!

After dinner, I sat down to watch a movie, placing a tea tray on the wooden bench table in front of me.
I picked Campfire Blend as my evening brew because it’s spiciness could stand up to the curry.

While the tea was steeping, I was ‘Googling’ tea houses in Canada for a friend on Steepster, completely loosing all sense of time.
Tick, tick tick…

(Luckily my teapot was safely tucked under a domed tea cozy nice and warm…steeping away…on and on.)
“Yikes! 15 minutes!” I said out loud!

I was so happy this was an ‘herbal’ blend and not regular tea! But had I gone too far? Was it going to be ruined and bitter?!

I poured myself a mug. The flavor was somewhat like Verdant’s Winter Ginger Blend and my favorite Peek Freans ginger cookie, but with more citrus and coriander (I do love coriander!!). This was unbelievably good tea and strongly (yes strongly) good tea I have to say! Spicy, orangy and gingery, coriander yumness!

I sweetened my cup and added milk (which I was hesitant about). Again it tasted… sooo good…. really good!!!

(I use condensed milk. Just pour it into a resealable glass jar and it doesn’t taste wierd.)

Of this month’s three Club Blends, this is my hands down winner. I’d do a longer than recommended steep again but not 15 minutes!

ifjuly

That meal sounds scrumptious! I love those moments (for me I admit they’re often food and beverage related :) when you’re reminded it’s possible to live a really wonderful, sensuous life without spending too much money.

Bonnie

I strive (not stress) to live every day this way.

Backlog from last night!

I think I need to play around with my steeping parameters with this one. I brewed it up a little weak for my tastes. Also, there’s a flavor in here I’ve never tasted before! That is always exciting! I presume it is the dandelion root.

Also? I know this is supposed to be caffeine free but I could NOT sleep last night! It could have been a coincidence, but man, it sure felt like I’d had some sort of stimulant.

Very nice! This is similar to verdant’s vanilla citrus spice blend which I absolutely love. Campfire blend seems to have a more toasty flavor and is also delicious. It is also nice that this is completely a herbal blend without artificial ingredients, and is probably one of the best I’ve had.

This tastes really “homey” to me if that makes sense. I really enjoy this, but next time, I think I would steep in a tea bag rather than my steeper because I am still tasting it today.

This is a really nice citrus vanilla herbal selection. I need to have more herbals in my tea collection!