Jingshan Earl Green

Green Tea
Bergamot, Green Tea, Lavender, Lemon Peel, Lemongrass, Orange Peel
Edit tea info Last updated by Dinosara

From Verdant Tea (Special)

Product description not available yet.

About Verdant Tea (Special) View company

i’m pretty sure dinsoara and i aren’t the only two people on steepster who have this in their cupboard. Come on people fess up! That being said…this will NOT be in my cupboard for long. this one is destined to visit some other sucker…er i mean tea lover. But sil? WHY would you do that to this poor tea? well let me tell you…this tea has nearly everything i hate about life in it. First off….it’s a green tea. Which, on it’s own does not make for hatred, but wait..what have we added here? BLERGAMOT! gahh!! the dreaded evil flavour to kill them all… bah! and then… just for a real kick in the face, to make SURE i would hate this tea, because after all, i can sometimes get past the blergamot in some teas…. what did verdant do?

sigh they added lavender. A flower that has no place in anything but bath products..and even then…only bath products that aren’t going to live anywhere near me. When my mother and i went to france for a month..it was almost impossible to avoid. and now.. it’s here.. in my tea..looking so pretty and innocent…hanging out with blergamot as if to say.. suck it sil… we’re in this together…

….all that and i’ve only opened the bag to measure out a spoonful into my mug.

brewing….waiting….the aroma takes over my house…my other half calls from the other room…WHAT IS THAT? are you putting on lotion at this time of the day? I thought you hated lavender…

no dear…it’s just that this tea and i have a date…i can’t let it win…

BEEEEEP goes the microwave… crap.. GAME ON!!!

alright tea… i’m on to you… i WILL drink at least a sip of your deadly poison.

cautious sip… noseful of blergylavender…GAH!

I’m pretty sure is what it would taste like if i started licking lavender soaps randomly in those tacky gifts shops…maybe add a little spinach and a squirt of orange and hey look…it’s a tasty soap salad.

feck. no thank you.

buries the rest of her half of the sample in terri’s teabox mwahahahahahahaha

(why can’t i rate a tea zero? also…not rating this as low as i want to, because admittedly some of you out there might actually enjoy the taste of lavender and blergamot…together in a taste hot green mess. At least the tea is pretty? cough)

Stephanie

Lavender? Wah wah!

OMGsrsly

BLERGAMOT! I can’t stop laughing, Sil. At least you gave us some entertainment out of it? :)

for sure… my other half is laughing at me as well… “WHY would you put that in your mouth?” uh…because i need to try ALL THE TEAS! “even if they taste like ass?” uh…..yes? :)

Ceylon Star

Can you and your other half come live with me? Please? 1) you’re adorkable and 2) you crack me up to no end!

Ubacat

I love Earl Grey and green. The lavender sounds a bit weird though…..

…i think this would have tasted better with more blergamot and less lavender to be honest…

Helena

yucky lavender makes me think of the Thrills gum. Now there is lavender soap taste for you! I don’t think anything can be as bad as that. Then again I haven’t tried the tea yet so….

MissB

I am cringing as I read this note, and hope that I have zero teas today with either ingredient in them. Blergamot though? I love that word!

helena – is that those purple gum thingies? if so i know what you’re talking about and this is way more lavender and much more gross…and those are gross. lol

Amanda Wilson

Hmm, I like lavender in sencha…I like bergamot and lavender in black tea…the idea of it in green just sound kinda odd.

OMGsrsly

YES, those purple crunchy coated gums! Me and my brother would buy them and dare each other to eat them.. and then my mom found them somewhere and got us each a packet for Christmas. Haha. It’s just sitting there, waiting…

Dinosara

LOL what a note. This seems to actually be a revamp(?) of an old blend they had way back when they first started Alchemy Blends called Lavender Earl Green. I tried it then and thought it had too much lavender, so I am interested to see how this one compares. I doubt I will have your reaction, though…

Helena

Yep Thrills gum is that evil deceptively purple chicklet looking gum that tastes like Lavender Soap not that I’ve ever eaten Lavender Soap but I dare anyone to try that gum and not say that’s what it tastes like :D

This is way more lavender than that thrills gum IF my memory serves…..

Dinosara – yeah…you will probably be ok with these…

I could always send you some Thrills if you’d like to compare, Sil. :D

JC

LOL!, I’m sorry you had such a bad experience. I’ve only come across one tea that made good use of lavender, and it was a ratio of one or two of those mini buds per 4-5gms of the rest of the herbal tea. Bergamot… not so much, to me it is too strong and ‘invasive’, it overshadows all other flavors.

JC – i kinda think that’s part of the fun of new teas…even if they are soooo very gross lol

OMG – i will hurt you lol

JC

Lol, I call those a ‘learning experience’ together with low or no score. I always insist that nothing teaches you about great tea like awful tea.

Helena

all right everyone send 1 pack of Thrills gum to Sil on Christmas morning (insert evil laughter here)

OMGsrsly

Helena, I like how you think. ;)

MissLena

Haha awe so much hate for this tea, I found it pretty tasty haha but I am a rare one who like lavender and ‘Blergamot’ lol :D still, quite an entertaining note! Sorry it didn’t pan out though lol

haha it’s all good misslena. I’m happy someone out there loved it haha

CelebriTEA

I LOVE this tea and would LOVE to have more of it!!!

CelebriTEA

Sil~ It is hard for me to see anyone rating it so low…
Different strokes for different folks~ I guess ;-)

Helena

I didn’t like it either. This showed up in my monthly verdant tea bundle and I tossed it.

CelebriTEA

Awww, Helena…wish you would have sent it to me…ahahaha…
I love it!

Woooo I got my last month’s box from my friend!! Hehe more new tea!! I creeped on these teas on Steepster before receiving the box and was very excited about the selections! This is the first one I’m trying from the February box, as this definitely screams morning tea at me. And I love trying EG style teas without a black base!

The dry smell is really nice to me! Bergamot and citrus galore, with a sweet hint of lavender. If you like bergamot and lavender, you will love the smell of this! The leaves are very pretty and springlike too, bright green leaves. I enjoy my sundried Jingshan green, so I am excited to see this base in a blend in another blend, I think I’ve only seen it in summer garden citrus mint.

I didn’t really know how to steep this tea lol, so I used my best judgement – 2 minutes with 175 degree water. The smell during steeping morphed from lavender to citrus to strong lemon!! Very tasty smelling, almost savory when steeping was complete. Now that the basket is out, I really smell the grassy-honey scent of the Jingshan green base.

As for the flavor, wow, I really enjoy this. The first flavor is the green base, a honey grassy flavor that is quite delicious. This turns into a bright, rich citrus flavor, almost like a poppyseed cake with it’s lemony rich flavor. There is a bit of astringency in the aftertaste from all the citrus and bergamot, but it’s not overly mouth drying. As the cup cools, the lavender comes out more in the first flavor and mellows it out so the base is the aftertaste now. The citrus is decreasing. Very light cup, oh and the bergamot is also still presentI can never get over how much these teas from Verdant change just with the simple cooling of the cup. I love it!

Overall, this is a excellent tea for bright Sunday mornings or afternoon tea with lemon cake or cupcakes of some sort. It reminds me of a fresh dew covered garden with the flowers poking out for the first sun rays, or a rain kissed garden. Spring tea through and through. Recommend if you like citrus, bergamot and lavender!

CelebriTEA

Oh, I love your tasting note! Spot on!
I love Bergamot, citrus & lavender~
I found the lavender to be in perfect proportions for this blend.
I do LOVE many of Verdant blends…esp. The EG blends ♡
…lol…and to think I had this just sitting in a drawer, almost afraid to try it…
I was unsure if I would like the green base, but for me this is
Sweet Perfection

MissLena

Yay! I’m happy there is one other odd duck on Steepster that likes this blend with me :) I find it very serene and relaxing! My friend also tried it and loved it, definitely a love it or hate it blend it seems like! :)

CelebriTEA

Must be, but that surprised me as I was head over heels for it!
Glad to know I am not the only odd duck ;-)

I really like lavender, but it’s about all I taste here. Much too delicate for my clumsy palate.