Black White Blend
Cinnamon, Cocoa, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by CelebriTEA
Boiling 2 min, 45 sec 5 g 9 oz / 277 ml

• “*HHTTB Round 3* I don;t think I've ever seen a black white tea blend. I was confused by that, but just went with the steepster suggested time and temp and was definitely happy with it. I had then...” Read full tasting note
    lolainred 112 tasting notes
  • “I drank this one yesterday while grading exams, but forgot to log it. Initially I was apprehensive about this blend because it has a lot of odd herbs and barks and stuff in it, but I wanted to give...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1914 tasting notes
  • “It's been a busy weekend of gardening, yard work and cleaning haha and finally we got our first couple thunderstorms today! And rain :D finally don't have to water the flowerbeds, garden and lawn...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 888 tasting notes
  • “My Verdant club teas arrived today :) This was my the first tea I tried from the club I'm in both blends and pure clubs), purely chosen as it's not April any more but we are having May showers here...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1067 tasting notes

From Verdant Tea (Special)

This time of year, we celebrate those rainy days for the flowers they bring. This blend is a rainy afternoon tea, and a celebration of the textures of Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong and Yabao. We bring out the best with roots like Dandelion and Burdock, as well as the sweetness of Vanilla and Cinnamon. A touch of Minnesota Wild Rice is added for a smooth earthy undertone. While Dragonwell is leagues apart in flavor from teas like Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong, they share an interesting mineral quality that we are bringing out in this blend. Enjoy!

About Verdant Tea (Special) View company

HHTTB Round 3

I don;t think I’ve ever seen a black white tea blend. I was confused by that, but just went with the steepster suggested time and temp and was definitely happy with it. I had then a few days ago and forgot to log it, but it was a nice cup and I remember finding the cinnamon in it to be very comforting and didn’t think anything about it was super overpowering. I would definitely drink this again. It was a good rainy day tea.

1914 tasting notes

I drank this one yesterday while grading exams, but forgot to log it. Initially I was apprehensive about this blend because it has a lot of odd herbs and barks and stuff in it, but I wanted to give it a try. The dry leaf smelled pretty decent, like chocolatey black tea and yabao, which is to say slightly spiced and slightly resiny.

I actually really enjoyed this tea. It was sweet, chocolatey, and mildly spiced, with some added interest from the yabao. I will have to drink another cup when I’m paying attention more to really figure out what’s going on, but right now I’m digging it. And I’m glad that I didn’t remember that Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong was a smoked black tea. I tried a subtle roast version back in the reserve club days, and it was too smoky for me (which is to say, it was smoky at all), and yet I got no smoke at all from this blend. Hope I don’t taste it now that I know it’s supposed to be there.

This one got me doubting my withdrawl from the blends club, but I have a feeling that the next one (sitting next to me now, waiting to be drunk) will cure me of that.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

It’s been a busy weekend of gardening, yard work and cleaning haha and finally we got our first couple thunderstorms today! And rain :D finally don’t have to water the flowerbeds, garden and lawn today lol. Anyways, May showers called for some rainy day tea..this one (April showers, but close enough lol).

I read the ingredients list and was a bit apprehensive about how many ingredients were listed. Also, I keep thinking I’m going to have a terrible allergic reaction to the birch and dandelion in the teas, as both of these make me sneeze horribly in the spring AKA right now haha all the pollen :( but as they use the root of the dandelion and birch bark, I seem to be ok so far with teas including these ingredients lol. I will also be trying chicory later with the other blend club tea this month, Cask Strength. Anyways, rambly aside over, onto the tea!

Dry, this smelled, well…intense. A bit overpowering. My nose didn’t know what was up lol. Cinnamon and cacao and wood..definitely wood. I also looked at the leaves and thought hmm! Roasted oolong or black tea?? Decided to steep and see if I could figure it out.

I steeped for 2 minutes with boiling water, as it also has Yabao in it which usually needs boiling water. The steeped smell is woody like crazy. I was unsure if it was all Yabao or something else…so I quickly searched Zheng Zhan Xiao Zhong on Verdant and found out it’s a smoked black tea!! Ahhh a type of Lapsang??? I have had bad experiences with the one Lapsang I tried (DavidsTea, highly do not recommend lol) so I approached this with a lot of caution. And I also was pleased my nose could pick out the pine notes from the scent :)

So as for the flavor..my first expression was actually kind of baffled. What is this…then my brain was like “damp campfire in the woods after a rain” and I spoke it aloud to my boyfriend and he’s like “Be sure to put that in your review!” So there it is. This definitely evokes a rainy feeling..and to be honest, it’s not an overpowering smoke, it’s more like that hint of smoke on the cool breeze after a rain and the ashes of the fire are close to being out but still slightly smoldering. Not at all unpleasant! It also has a certain sweetness in there too, later in the sip and in the aftertaste..maybe the vanilla? Most definitely that. It keeps it interesting!

Overall, a very earthy, interesting blend. I didn’t think I’d enjoy it all all from the dry scent, and was still unsure after steeping. But it’s not too bad actually. Probably not a favorite, but I do like the camping memories it brings about. And very true to the name, it’s a rainy day blend! Happy to have had the chance to try this tea, another exciting one from the blend of the month!

My Verdant club teas arrived today :) This was my the first tea I tried from the club I’m in both blends and pure clubs), purely chosen as it’s not April any more but we are having May showers here in Leicester. It smells like hot cinnamon and aniseed, spicy but sweet and earthy. Very nice, in a way it does smell like rain.

Flavour wise I was met with delicious thick cinnamon and light brown sugar with a sour cocoa after taste that mists and lingers. Also a hint of wood.

It tastes similar to a spiced Oolong I’ve had from Tealux. Really liking this blend.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cocoa, Wood

5 g 7 OZ / 200 ML

I am so sorry, but all I can say…this is one hot mess that I cannot even drink :-(