Wuyi Whiskey Trail

Oolong Tea
Cacao, Caramel, Creamy, Sarsaparilla, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Exidy
Boiling 1 min, 45 sec 10 oz / 295 ml

• “I sipped down this one as well, by cold brewing the last bits of it. It was a little *intense* as a cold brew, but drinkable. It didn't make it any more whiskey-like, but I didn't really expect it...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2036 tasting notes
  • “I was skeptical of this one, because Cask Strength was supposed to be bourbon-inspired as well, and I found that one super icky. But this one didn't have any suspicious ingredients in it, so I...” Read full tasting note
    iridium 117 tasting notes
  • “Wow! This is amazing! I was very hesitant about this month's Verdant Blends Box because I had read that the blends were going to be whiskey inspired, and I am not a huge fan of whiskey or nearly...” Read full tasting note
    Exidy 74 tasting notes

From Verdant Tea (Special)

Ingredients: Wuyi Big Red Robe, Sarsaparilla, Chicory, Dandelion Root, Cacao, Ginger

About Verdant Tea (Special) View company

2036 tasting notes

I sipped down this one as well, by cold brewing the last bits of it. It was a little intense as a cold brew, but drinkable. It didn’t make it any more whiskey-like, but I didn’t really expect it to. Overall a decent blend but kind of boring (like I am finding many oolong-sarsaparilla blends). Next!

Cameron B.

Ooh, ooh, try the lavender bomb! (Summer Cabin Blend)

Dinosara

LOL I’m sure I will soon. Not a huge lavender fan myself (it’s my least favorite herbal), so that should be fun.

I was skeptical of this one, because Cask Strength was supposed to be bourbon-inspired as well, and I found that one super icky. But this one didn’t have any suspicious ingredients in it, so I allowed myself to hope. I’ve only barely tried it so far (I’m steeping it in my tiny 2 oz teacups), but it’s definitely not icky and actually pretty good!

Update: as predicted, it goes great with chocolate. (72% with cacao nibs. :)

i was wondering about these ones when they said whiskey inspired..

Iridium

Unfortunately, I have little to no experience with actual bourbon (I’m far more familiar with scotch), so I can’t comment whether either of them is “accurate” or what not. But they taste completely different to me…

Wow! This is amazing!

I was very hesitant about this month’s Verdant Blends Box because I had read that the blends were going to be whiskey inspired, and I am not a huge fan of whiskey or nearly any other alcoholic drink. With this reservation, I opened the box and read the descriptions of this month’s blends when the box arrived today. I was intrigued with the descriptions and decided to make a cup of this blend first. And, I love it! This is my favorite blend so far from this subscription.

The aftertaste is really fantastic. It is so rich and creamy and long lasting. All the flavors blend together so well that I have no idea how to describe the taste of this tea.

Flavors: Cacao, Caramel, Creamy, Sarsaparilla, Vanilla