Stone-Pressed 2004 Yiwu Wild Arbor Sheng

Butter, Cedar
Edit tea info Last updated by Geoffrey

From Verdant Tea

Year: 2004

Aroma: Incredibly complex. The closest description is that of smoldering eucalyptus wood after light rain in an ancient cedar forest, punctuated by notes of wild berries.

Taste: Unexpectedly sweet like a crisp apple salad with jicama root. The texture is reminiscent of flaky pastry, and the dark sweetness of the aftertaste evokes lychee. As the tea begins to open in later steepings, a strong cooling eucalyptus sensation plays on the tongue with candied orange rind and green papaya. There are vegetal notes of delicate watercress.

In late steepings an incredibly heady sandalwood incense flavor rises on the palate like vapor, combining with the creamy sweetness of jasmine. A sparkling texture builds up on the sides of the tongue along with a cooling cedar flavor in the chest. The sparkling continues to grow and mix with the cooling sensations until it is vaporous like fine gin with heavy juniper berry notes.

About Verdant Tea View company

I’m not sure how to describe it-woodsy seems to fit. This is my first Sheng, and I’d say I’m off to a good start. Hot or cold, it’s quite delicious.

I got a sample of this tea with my order. Really outstanding woody taste. It is much lighter than other pu-ers that I’ve tried before with a much more refined taste. Quality stuff.

The wet leaves smell pretty freakin’ super. Fruity, smokey (very slight). A bit of leather maybe? Really good aromas!

This is so smooth. Been using that word a lot lately, but I’ve also been drinking teas that are a bit older. I hope I’m this smooth in 10 years!

I’m enjoying this in my tea nook with my TeaFFs on a cold Sunday AM. Bummed about going back to work tomorrow, but stoked that I am off Thursday and Friday next week! I’m almost done with 100 squares on my knit blanket and all the pups are snuggled on the bed with me. Abby is snoring!

So maybe I’m just in a really good mood, but yeah. This tea is super. It’s been aged well and just has a bit o’astringency on the end. Happy tea. Of happiness!

This is a lovely sweet and woody sheng. Lots of pleasant tongue tingling twang. Yiwu shengs seem to be pretty consistently tasty, huh?

Thanks a bunch, Terri

Happy Friday everyone!

boychik

Happy Friday to you too!

Terri HarpLady

I’m glad you like it! I’m gonna be drinking a Yiwu here in a little while too! :)

Stephanie

I’m just taking turns randomly grabbing teas out of the boxes I got from both of you :D FUN