Diyi Cornfields Shu

Pu-erh Tea
Butter, Corn Husk, Rice
Edit tea info Last updated by cookies
Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 4 oz / 104 ml

From Verdant Tea

True to the smell, this tea really does taste like corn, but with an impressive complexity. The spearmint comes through as a tingling sensation, more of a a minty texture than anything else. Despite the sweet corn flavor, the tea is weightless on the palate and almost refreshing like an iced drink. This pu’er does not have the heavy earthy qualities that shu is known for, making it a great introduction to pu’er. An extremely intriguing find!

About Verdant Tea View company

A clean non-funky shou with a good rice flavor. I’m not detecting any corn. Not bad but has not replaced a different rice shou as my favorite! :)

which is your favourite?

Stephanie

So far the Teavivre, which is loose and in a sachet which normally would be off putting to me. The others I have tried are various other vendors nest shape mini tuos which are all not bad.

boychik

My fav is Tao Tea Leaf

Stephanie

Have you had the Teavivre yet Boychick? If not I’ll set one aside for you :)

Stephanie

Sil, do you have a favorite?

Note – this was originally posted in the wrong spot. Verdant had another version of a cornfields shou in a bird nest shape. I deleted that and moved it here, to the correct place.

I’m a little bummed. All the reviews on this are amazeballs, but I really didn’t care for it. I don’t know that I got the same thing as previous stock. The pic shows little bird nests, but mine are a flat disc and the wrapper is different. The little discs were very tightly compacted and had a pretty heavy fermentation flavor.

I did a rinse and rest to let the cake expand, and I used very short steeps. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 3 OZ / 88 ML

No surprise, this is pretty darn yummy. In all honesty I don’t get much of a difference between this and sticky rice flavored shou. This is a bit silkier and more creamy, and it seems to be a much better quality with no dust in the cup like I often get with the cheapie mini tuos. But the flavor is pretty much the same. That’s fine by me as I absolutely love sticky rice flavor. I’m currently on the fourth steep and the flavor is still noticeable. Obviously not as strong but you certainly aren’t under the impression you’re drinking straight shu.

Any chance of a sheng version in the future? I bet it would be quite incredible.

Boiling with 2 quick rinses – 10s 10s (left overnight and rinsed again) 15s 15s 20s…

Seems this is my 150th review!

Flavors: Butter, Corn Husk, Rice

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 4 OZ / 120 ML
Stephanie

That’s it, I have to order some!!!

cookies

Yes, definitely do. I don’t think you’ll regret it.

Ost

I don’t usually find Puerh appealing, well like when I read peoples’ tasting notes. But this sounds so good! XD

cookies

It’s very good. Have you had regular sticky rice pu-erh?