Mi Lan Xiang Phoenix Mountain Dancong

Oolong Tea
Fruit Tree Flowers, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by Bonnie

• “I've been drinking a lot of Verdant teas lately lol, sorry for not much variety in the way of companies :P anyways, I decided it's time to have a yixing session again..it's been much too long. I...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 886 tasting notes
  • “yep..still don't like this one. Oh well, not a problem since there are plenty out there that i do. there's just something about the taste to this one that makes me like this a lot less than other...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4704 tasting notes
  • “This is the 2nd tea from the April TOMC. The dry aroma is a light incense, the warm aroma is of red grapefruit & sandalwood. It's very addictive. I sat breathing it in, & I love it. The first time...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2859 tasting notes
  • “I redid this one using my new yixing I dedicated it to (not the bad one I just got and found out was a fake). I know it's still absorbing a lot of the flavor but I wanted to see how much different...” Read full tasting note
    feralanima 174 tasting notes

From Verdant Tea

A heady, intoxicating oolong that evokes sandalwood incense, honeydew melon, and dark, rich spice . . .

Mi Lan Xiang, literally “Honey Orchid Fragrance” is a real understatement for this tea. The aroma is absolutely heady and enveloping, like walking into a temple burning sandalwood incense with lotus flowers strewn about, and a faint whiff of pine sap and honeydew melon.

The taste does not disappoint after such a commanding fragrance. There is the dark gentle spice of clove, a building floral taste like a blooming lotus, and the bursting juicy sweetness of biting into a piece of homemade honey candy.

In the second steeping, citrus qualities begin to develop, dominated by a ruby red grapefruit flavor. There is a profound warming sensation to the brew, complimented by dark maple syrup.

Later steepings see the darker elements integrate seamlessly with a growing spice profile, and even hint at the honeydew melon taste through a continuing burting juicy sweetness. The aftertaste on this tea is a lingering comforting warmth, with all the dark floral elements at the back of the throat.

About Verdant Tea View company

The fruity aroma and flavors were ethereal in the second steeping, with the spice flavors staying strong. Unfortunately, that does not make a very good cup. Lowering rating to reflect the lackluster second infusion. Not bothering with a third.

Just got this as a sample in my Verdant tea order that literally JUST GOT HERE about 3 minutes ago. I waste no time. I decided to dig right into the sample because it sounded intriguing on Steepster and I thought to myself why didn’t I think to order that? Oh well…SAMPLE!! :)

So I just finished brewing it…trying to calm a screaming baby…will probably give it just enough time to cool….

Ah I see…Diaper change….that will do it.

Now to the tea. First steep is nice. Green and sweet…not near as woodsy and dark as I was anticipating…

Second steep, much more mellow…in fact I think I like it better the second steep. It seems more balanced. Less “green”

Third Steep: More citrus. A little astringency.

And I’m going to go to bed. Because it’s late and I need sleep!!

Over all a pretty good oolong

i drank this one so fast and barely remember it.
i have an oolong problem.
a delicious oolong problem.

intense sandalwood aroma and its dark color from this blend. i most say it is also very tasty! I followed the brewing instruction. It seems verdant tea get very good review and this one does not disappoint.

The texture is creamy and buttery and the flavor is hard for me to describe. All i know is i really like this tea. I infused this 3 times and all 3 were very good, each a little different which is very nice. would recommend.