Xingyang Silk Road Spice

Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Spoonvonstup

From Verdant Tea

Xingyang Workshop produces some of the cleanest and most sparkling  shu pu’er we have tried.  The 2008 shu nuggets are just calling to be made into a juicy and cooling blend.  The spearmint and peppermint provide a crisp edge and refreshing flavor that brings out the sparkling texture of the tea.  The cinnamon and fennel extend the sweetness and bring it out into the long aftertaste.

This blend makes a great introduction to what shu pu’er can be, and brews up equally well hot and iced.

Ingredients: Xingyang 2008 Shu Nuggets, Organic Spearmint, Organic Peppermint, Organic Fennel, Organic Cinnamon

ICED: Smooth, crisp, minty and clean. Spice gently develops in the aftertaste. Very refreshing.

About Verdant Tea View company

Rally glad I got a chance to try this before it was sent off for the season. This is a really refreshing blend! I really like that the spearmint isn’t dominating the cup (though I’m doing a few more steepings so we’ll see) its a refreshing kind of tea. Wish I could say more but I’m busy focusing on this tea….mmmmmm

It looks like Xingyang nuggets are a perfect background for anything :) While I really enjoy brewing herbs and spices on their own, the presense of this shu in the mix takes away unnecessary sharpness from the liquid and adds a whole ton of depth to it :) Great stuff!

This is my first experience with a Shu. I thought I’d ease into it, by trying a blend. I picked this one because of the recommendation another Steepster gave it. It is dandy! The interplay of spearmint with the cinnamon and fennel works very well. Though, without having any knowledge of other Shus, I don’t know what to say about this one. Still, I like it. I’ll be repurchasing this one sometime soon.