Vanilla Citrus Spice

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Cinnamon, Coriander, Dandelion Root, Ginger, Orange Peel, Vanilla Bean
Cardamon, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Spices, Vanilla, Orange, Sweet, Baked Bread, Molasses, Nutmeg, Orange Zest, Raisins, Citrus, Spicy, Butter, Coriander, Chocolate, Citrus Zest, Leather, Pepper, Ginger
Edit tea info Last updated by Uniquity

From Verdant Tea

“Our take on the classic black tea citrus and spice pairing with rich creamy vanilla…”

Yunnan black tea at its best has the most exquisite citrus and spice flavors to it. A good Dian Hong is cinnamon sweet with orange aftertaste. We decided that we would take this most beloved flavor pairing and bring out to the forefront through a satisfying blend that is beautiful hot and iced.

We start with Zhu Rong Yunnan Black, a spicy and full bodied tea with notes of sweet potato and cayenne. Next we bring out the citrus with orange peel, and draw out spice with ginger, cinnamon, and coriander. Finally, we emphasize the sweetness of the tea with generous whole vanilla bean and toasted dandelion root, creating a creamy and full bodied blend.

Ingredients: Zhu Rong Yunnan Black, organic orange peel, organic ginger, organic cinnamon, organic coriander, organic vanilla bean and pods, organic toasted dandelion root.

About Verdant Tea View company

Another one from TeaTiff. I’m glad to be able to try out some Verdant teas because I really have no experience with them and yet steepster almost unanimously loves them.

This doesn’t smell like much in the bag, but as it brews it’s amazing. Sticky buns! It’s exactly like sticky buns (not quite cinnamon rolls—no icing and more cinnamon). The taste is similar to the smell, with more vanilla and a hint of citrus. I was afraid the orange peel might overpower the mixture or make it bitter—there’s a lot of it in there—but it doesn’t do either of those things. It’s perfectly balanced and delicious. This is somewhat similar to ATR’s Brioche, but it’s different enough that I could justify having both in my cabinet. Love this one!

Flavors: Baked Bread, Cinnamon, Molasses, Nutmeg, Orange Zest, Raisins, Vanilla

I’m so glad that I was able to try this, it’s another really nice autumn tea from Verdant, I just wish I had ordered more than a sample. I absolutely love the fact that cinnamon isn’t the dominant flavor in this blend. The orange, ginger, and coriander all come through clearly, with just a hint of cinnamon to round the flavors out. The vanilla is a wonderful addition, leaving the tea feeling just a little bit creamy.

I managed to steep this twice last night and a third time this morning with great results.

Husband loved the smell of this one so much he made me get up and make him his own cup, something he never does. It’s definitely right for the time of year. It’s kind of gentle though, as these sorts of blends go (keeping in mind I’m a subtaster with leanings toward strong aroma and flavor). I bet it’d be good as a tea syrup for soda. Hm.

I spent a loooong time today standing in front of my tea cabinet and wandering around my kitchen, trying to decide what tea to drink. It was that kind of day. But I’m glad I picked this one, because it’s made my whole room smell like oatmeal cookies. And it tastes like one too!

looking forward to trying my sample of this one soon!

Somehow, I steeped this for 16 minutes – and it’s still really tasty if a bit astringent. I feel icky that I didn’t give it the love and attention it deserves. In my defense, I was working on something creative that had me instantly focused and in the zone. Still, it’s no excuse, I need to be more present, and that includes (especially) with steeping my tea.

Regardless, this is a chai-like, chocolate-y aroma-d, subtle vanilla-y tea. It’s nuanced, although again, likely not the best description or depiction based on my ridiculous oversight.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Spices, Vanilla

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I really like this – it’s pretty much a mild chai with a hint of vanilla and a hint of citrus. I’m a little finicky with citrus, but this is nice and gentle. Yep – I like it, warm and soothing.

Sipdown (well, until my Verdant order comes in)
I’m not big on flavored teas, but this is just so delightful I had to pick up a bit of it to enjoy this winter. At first I had been brewing for only 3 minutes, but after a suggestion from Sil I found that around 5 minutes is a good place to start for the first infusion. It doesn’t seem to get bitter at all. I’m still missing the citrus though, I wonder if that’s because I add soy milk to it.
Thanks a ton for the sample Sil!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 1 OZ / 29 ML

:) glad you enjoyed the longer steep!

Sipdown! 982.

A half-finished package, so clearly I’ve tried this before… and have no note to show for it. Argh. I don’t even remember trying it, which is perhaps even more irritating, haha. Anyhow, it smells pretty nice brewed up – lightly spiced with a dash of orange and sweetness. It smells kind of like Christmas, because I guess orange spice = Christmas, to me. Flavourwise, that’s pretty much what it is – an orange spice tea, with some creaminess from the vanilla (presumably). Cinnamon is the predominant spice, but overall, it’s quite balanced, which I prefer. I would imagine there has been a bit of flavour loss here, given that this has not been sealed for a while (sample packet, so just clipped shut, and probably not all that well), but it’s pretty enjoyable. I’m not sure what the base tea is (I’m guessing Laoshan Black but have no real idea), but it’s really not terribly obvious here. Or maybe it’s an herbal? (I thought I saw leaves though.) Overall, pretty enjoyable, probably better when fresh, and I may throw another sample into a future order if it’s around, perhaps next Christmas, because I don’t think I’d drink this outside of the winter months.

Zhu rong

I saw that after, but would be hard pressed to ever guess it!

This one came from TeaTiff (again). I must say, it seems like the ratio of tea to other stuff is kind of off here. I’m not sure whether it’s just my sample or the tea in general, but there is a ton of coriander and citrus peel and stuff, and very few tea leaves. It smells sweet and citrusy in a pastry sort of way.

This one reminds me of Verdant’s Campfire Blend with a bit of black tea added. The flavors are pretty much exactly the same – vanilla, citrus, spices, and that pastry note. Definitely not complaining as I enjoyed Campfire Blend quite a lot, and I’m enjoying this one too. I do feel I should have steeped it a tad longer as the flavor is quite mild, and it’s basically an herbal anyway! Overall, yummy.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Orange, Spices, Sweet, Vanilla

Vanilla Citrus Spice is the caffeinated version of Campfire Blend. At least, that is what I think the folks at Verdant told me. The sample I gave you was from the bottom-ish of the package. I finished this tea off after I made your sample, so I suspect there was more tea towards the top, but this was always very light on the tea side. I usually mix in a tsp of LB.

First try from the ample selection provided by Terri. Such a wonderful teabox full of goodies :)
The name of this blend caught my attention, however the flavour was not what i expected. I envisioned a tea mor “citrusy” indead i was welcomed in by the spicy warmth of this tea. I tasted mostly cinnamon/cardamon, reminded me of christmas :)

Lightyears ahead of any swedish blend i´ve tried. Seems i have a new world of tea to explore! Thank you Terri Harplady!

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 8 g 17 OZ / 500 ML
Terri HarpLady

Wow! I can’t believe you got my box already! In less than a week! It always takes 10 days to get a box to Toronto.

I really enjoy this blend! Glad you like it!

Dag Wedin

Yes, i was surprised aswell! But i won´t complain. :)
Also recieved a packet from thunderbolt tea today, got to much new teas to try! ^^