Vanilla Citrus Spice

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Cinnamon, Coriander, Dandelion Root, Ginger, Orange Peel, Vanilla Bean
Cinnamon, Orange, Spices, Sweet, Vanilla, Baked Bread, Molasses, Nutmeg, Orange Zest, Raisins, Butter, Coriander
Edit tea info Last updated by Uniquity

From Verdant Tea

“Our take on the classic black tea citrus and spice pairing with rich creamy vanilla…”

Yunnan black tea at its best has the most exquisite citrus and spice flavors to it. A good Dian Hong is cinnamon sweet with orange aftertaste. We decided that we would take this most beloved flavor pairing and bring out to the forefront through a satisfying blend that is beautiful hot and iced.

We start with Zhu Rong Yunnan Black, a spicy and full bodied tea with notes of sweet potato and cayenne. Next we bring out the citrus with orange peel, and draw out spice with ginger, cinnamon, and coriander. Finally, we emphasize the sweetness of the tea with generous whole vanilla bean and toasted dandelion root, creating a creamy and full bodied blend.

Ingredients: Zhu Rong Yunnan Black, organic orange peel, organic ginger, organic cinnamon, organic coriander, organic vanilla bean and pods, organic toasted dandelion root.

About Verdant Tea View company

Another one from TeaTiff. I’m glad to be able to try out some Verdant teas because I really have no experience with them and yet steepster almost unanimously loves them.

This doesn’t smell like much in the bag, but as it brews it’s amazing. Sticky buns! It’s exactly like sticky buns (not quite cinnamon rolls—no icing and more cinnamon). The taste is similar to the smell, with more vanilla and a hint of citrus. I was afraid the orange peel might overpower the mixture or make it bitter—there’s a lot of it in there—but it doesn’t do either of those things. It’s perfectly balanced and delicious. This is somewhat similar to ATR’s Brioche, but it’s different enough that I could justify having both in my cabinet. Love this one!

Flavors: Baked Bread, Cinnamon, Molasses, Nutmeg, Orange Zest, Raisins, Vanilla

1940 tasting notes

I’m so glad that I was able to try this, it’s another really nice autumn tea from Verdant, I just wish I had ordered more than a sample. I absolutely love the fact that cinnamon isn’t the dominant flavor in this blend. The orange, ginger, and coriander all come through clearly, with just a hint of cinnamon to round the flavors out. The vanilla is a wonderful addition, leaving the tea feeling just a little bit creamy.

I managed to steep this twice last night and a third time this morning with great results.

Husband loved the smell of this one so much he made me get up and make him his own cup, something he never does. It’s definitely right for the time of year. It’s kind of gentle though, as these sorts of blends go (keeping in mind I’m a subtaster with leanings toward strong aroma and flavor). I bet it’d be good as a tea syrup for soda. Hm.

I spent a loooong time today standing in front of my tea cabinet and wandering around my kitchen, trying to decide what tea to drink. It was that kind of day. But I’m glad I picked this one, because it’s made my whole room smell like oatmeal cookies. And it tastes like one too!

looking forward to trying my sample of this one soon!

This one came from TeaTiff (again). I must say, it seems like the ratio of tea to other stuff is kind of off here. I’m not sure whether it’s just my sample or the tea in general, but there is a ton of coriander and citrus peel and stuff, and very few tea leaves. It smells sweet and citrusy in a pastry sort of way.

This one reminds me of Verdant’s Campfire Blend with a bit of black tea added. The flavors are pretty much exactly the same – vanilla, citrus, spices, and that pastry note. Definitely not complaining as I enjoyed Campfire Blend quite a lot, and I’m enjoying this one too. I do feel I should have steeped it a tad longer as the flavor is quite mild, and it’s basically an herbal anyway! Overall, yummy.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Orange, Spices, Sweet, Vanilla

TeaTiff

Vanilla Citrus Spice is the caffeinated version of Campfire Blend. At least, that is what I think the folks at Verdant told me. The sample I gave you was from the bottom-ish of the package. I finished this tea off after I made your sample, so I suspect there was more tea towards the top, but this was always very light on the tea side. I usually mix in a tsp of LB.

First try from the ample selection provided by Terri. Such a wonderful teabox full of goodies :)
The name of this blend caught my attention, however the flavour was not what i expected. I envisioned a tea mor “citrusy” indead i was welcomed in by the spicy warmth of this tea. I tasted mostly cinnamon/cardamon, reminded me of christmas :)

Lightyears ahead of any swedish blend i´ve tried. Seems i have a new world of tea to explore! Thank you Terri Harplady!

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 8 g 17 OZ / 500 ML
Terri HarpLady

Wow! I can’t believe you got my box already! In less than a week! It always takes 10 days to get a box to Toronto.

I really enjoy this blend! Glad you like it!

Dag Wedin

Yes, i was surprised aswell! But i won´t complain. :)
Also recieved a packet from thunderbolt tea today, got to much new teas to try! ^^

There is no doubt this is beautiful leaf. The flavors are well blended. I would think with vanilla as the first word in the name that this would be far more vanilla. To me it was only a subtle hint of creaminess. Mainly this is ginger, orange, and cinnamon. The black base peaks out occasionally. I think that is my main complaint. I want less stuff and more tea. Good but not my thing.

haha and here i am waaaaating for this to come back sigh

boychik

That’s how I felt KS until I brewed it like chai. Milk, maple syrup, and tiny amount of coconut oil(they say its so good for you). It was delicious.

K S

I have never learned to really like chai. That probably explains my lack of enthusiasm for this blend. Weird. I tend to like everything else.

boychik

Chai is not my fav, I don’t even have it. Since I was stuck with this tea I decided to experiment. I gave it to try to my kids and hubby and they loved it. I sent the rest to Terri.

Thank you, ashleyelizabeth for sending me this sample in our swap!!!

(While I am on the subject of swaps, for those I have promised to send tea to, I apologize for the delay! I’ve been having things come up every time I plan to go to the post office, but everything should be in the mail soon.)

It’s fun to get samples of things that aren’t available for sale. It makes me feel very lucky! :-) I brewed this up per Verdant’s instructions. The aroma was wonderful, but the flavor was a bit thin. I think I will do 3 minutes on the resteep and see how that turns out. My allergies have been kicking my butt recently, so maybe I didn’t get as much out of this as I would otherwise. I’m taking a non-drowsy allergy medication, but I definitely still had to take a nap at work today…

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 45 sec 4 g 8 OZ / 236 ML
boychik

Zyrtec doesn’t make me sleepy. What are you taking? i wasnt crazy abt this tea either.

CharlotteZero

I’m taking Zyrtec… I used to love it because it didn’t make me tired, and it really worked, but it has not been working as well this season, and I’ve fallen asleep during the day both days I took it.

boychik

i remember I took Singular, it was pretty good. the only thing its by prescription im too lazy to go to my doc

CharlotteZero

That’s a good tip! I think I’ve tried every major over-the-counter, and they either knock me out or they’ve stopped working…

boychik

maybe i should switch too, i dont think its really working and i get headaches.

Stephanie

Zyrtec makes me SO SO SLEEPY! I take Claritin but it doesn’t work as well :(

boychik

how abt taking it before going to bed? thats what i do, by morning im fine

I feel like I’m on a mission to try all of the teas with the purpose of establishing a permanent collection of my favourites, and that I won’t always have 120+ teas in my cupboard, that eventually I will narrow it down to about half that. But sometimes I am honest with myself and realize I will never be done trying all the teas.

I almost didn’t include this in my Verdant order. I am not at all a fan of citrus spice teas, but seeing all the glowing reviews (mainly from Sil) made me want to at least give it a try, plus I had to spend the $50 to get the free shipping. But man am I glad I purchased this, especially because they are out of stock now!

This is the most perfect citrus spice tea I’ve ever tasted! The flavours are so wonderfully balanced. I think the inclusion of the vanilla really made this tea, it just gives it that creamy sweetness that balances out the bitterness of the citrus and the spice. I am genuinely in awe that I love this tea this much. This tea would most definitely be a part of my hypothetical permanent collection. I will try to keep it around as much as possible, but I only ordered an ounce and that won’t last me long. I hope that Verdant restocks this soon!!!

Memily

“But sometimes I am honest with myself and realize I will never be done trying all the teas.” <- I am still in denial, get out of my face.

So glad you liked this one :) also…if you ever try all the teas, I will be jealous :)

I’m trying my little sample packet of this in a bit of a rush to see if I want to add an ounce of it to my Verdant order. I didn’t use nearly as much leaf or water as Verdant’s directions state and winged it with the steep time, so my brew probably isn’t ideal. I don’t really care for it by itself, but it’s pretty good sweetened with agave.

There’s only one ounce left! Should I buy it? I don’t know! Help! Aaaaahhh!

ETA: I bought the very last one. It was either this or the Yu Lu Yan Chai, which I haven’t tried yet & don’t think would appeal to me as much. I would’ve gotten them both, but ugh, customs. My cup tastes nice now cooled to room temperature, which leads me to believe it would be good iced, so I’m happy.

Boiling 1 tsp 4 OZ / 118 ML