Summer Garden Citrus Mint

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Fuzzy_Peachkin

• “I thought I had written a note on this already! I've had it hot a few times, but I made it cold brewed last night and am having a bit today. This is quite refreshing! The first note to hit heavily...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 819 tasting notes
  • “ I know this was probably meant as an iced tea, but I decided to have it hot tonight. While it didn't send me straight to fairy land like the citrus vanilla, it was delicious! The oolong base...” Read full tasting note
    fuzzy_peachkin 464 tasting notes
  • “I'm not a fan of this one, even though I started out with high hopes, being ever on the alert for a citrusy tea for icing. There's something bitter to it, that I could swear was chamomile, a flavor...” Read full tasting note
    LauraM 6 tasting notes

From Verdant Tea

Summer calls for a blend that’s crisp, sweet, and tangy enough to be a showstopping iced tea. We wanted to do something a little different to celebrate the season, so we sourced a beautiful Wenshan Baozhong Taiwanese oolong tea as the base of our recipe. Wenshan Baozhong is an extremely green oolong, full of grassy notes, but with floral and creamy aftertastes. Mixed with a dash of Yunnan Jingshan Green to round out the body, we think this makes the perfect green base for summer.

To bring out the fruity and floral notes naturally present in Wenshan Baozhong, we picked out creamy and sweet orange peel, rich lemongrass and a juicy bergamot. We use roasted dandelion root and licorice root to draw out the sweetness and help you make a satisfying iced tea- no sugar necessary! Finally, we make it crisp and refreshing with a dash of lavender and spearmint. Enjoy!

Ingredients: Wenshan Baozhong Oolong, Jingshan Green, orange peel*, licorice root*, spearmint*, dandelion root*, lemongrass

About Verdant Tea View company

I thought I had written a note on this already! I’ve had it hot a few times, but I made it cold brewed last night and am having a bit today. This is quite refreshing! The first note to hit heavily is the lavender, and next a mild mint, and the citrus comes through in the aftertaste as sweet. It’s very herby tasting and quite nice! I’m not sure if I prefer it hot or cold now lol, I’ll have to write a note on it hot and see how it compares. Another tasty tea from Verdant!

Oh, and I just remembered: today is my Steepster anniversary!! One year with you guys!

And earlier today I was thinking hmm, it must be coming up soon lol. What a year of tea it’s been! Thank you everyone on here for introducing me to amazing companies such as (in no particular order) Verdant, Butiki, Della Terra, Whispering Pines, A&D, Teavivre, Zen Tea Life, 52teas and I’m sure there’s a few more! It’s been such a wonderful journey so far (with 500+ notes to prove it) and I can’t wait to drink more tea with all the lovely folks on here! And I appreciate all of you listening to my ramblings about school and work and my kitten, and this rambling also haha. I raise my tea cup to you, Steepster, to one year with you! :)

Terri HarpLady

Yay!!! Congrats! I celebrated my 1 year on Labor Day!

MissLena

Thanks Terri! We almost joined at the same time, happy belated one year to you too! :)

Bonnie

Congrats

Cavocorax

Woohoo – Congrats!

whooohooo! congratulations!

Indigobloom

One year anniversary, awesome!! congrats :)

MissLena

Thanks everyone! It’s been such a good time so far :D drinking some of the best chai ever right now thanks to you guys!!

Tea Sipper

Happy one year!

I know this was probably meant as an iced tea, but I decided to have it hot tonight. While it didn’t send me straight to fairy land like the citrus vanilla, it was delicious! The oolong base definitely makes this creamy! I liked the combo of the cooling sensation of the mint and licorice root against the warmth of the citrus and the dandelion root. For my tastes the lavender was a little strong, but I imagine if I had had it cold that flavor would be a little less forward.

I’m not a fan of this one, even though I started out with high hopes, being ever on the alert for a citrusy tea for icing. There’s something bitter to it, that I could swear was chamomile, a flavor I loathe, but it’s not in the list of ingredients, so it must be something else. The lavender? Perhaps that’s it. If not for that bit, I think I’d like this just fine.